How to Maximize Diamond Internet Benefits

I plan to use the 24 free period. Any advice on when to order? Morning or afternoon? A sea day of course. Thanks

Depends on when you want coverage. Service is one continuous 24-hour period from when you start.

I plan to use the 24 free period. Any advice on when to order? Morning or afternoon? A sea day of course. Thanks

Interesting question, I'll happily read your replies, I've been in this situation now in 4 times in 3 different situations. First, I try to totally disconnect from the internet when I cruise and I have nobody I need to get in touch with.

My first Diamond cruise was a 7 day Eastern on Oasis that ended with 2 sea days. On this cruise I saved the free day till that last Sea day. As soon as I got up, I turned my free day knowing 24 hours later I would be back in the home port. I used it to check the status of my return flight home and checked into my flight home.

My next cruise was on a 4 day Majesty cruise and we weren't flying, but driving home. Also another change, we had someone staying at our house so we could post on social media current pictures without basically stating our house was vacant. Again here the final day was a Sea day so we used it all day, including some periscope of Facebook live and posts. We also caught up while hanging at the pool.

The same thing for our 7 day Adventure cruise out of San Juan. THe final day was a sea day so I signed on early in the morning.

The last cruise on Majesty was shortened to a 3 day Our last day was Coco Cay, I again signed on early in the morning, but spent 8am to 3pm unable to use it while on shore. But it was still available till I went to bed and woke up back in the home port.

I'm thinking since neither my wife or I spent a lot of time on the internet we may consider using the benefit on 2 separate days on a longer cruise, but we haven't run into that.

Now, I'll read what others have to say.

We're D+ so we each get 2 24 hr periods. I sign on at noonif on the ship and the first 24 hrs ends the next day so I am signed on parts of 2 days, since I tell the kids and work will check email once a day. Then I don't sign in again until the next day. I cover 4 days that way. And yes then I get to use dh's Internet time also! Works great on longer cruises.

You'll have to pay $2 (over your D+ discount for the last 3 days) next time you do this with the increased prices.

Not sure what your talking about. We are diamond. We had 24hrs each. We just put it on one device consecutively. Then the Allure offered Stream for the last 4 days of the cruise for $40. (Last time we did this, it was $60). I was hoping they had the same deal but was pleasantly surprised by the $20 reduction. It has nothing to do with being D or D+. It's offered ship wide.

Anyways, I was able to view the hockey games I planned to watch and facetimed with our kids. Good times!

Edited by csnarpy

Not sure what your talking about. We are diamond.

Misread your post - though you were D+ and got the last three days (which was $39) free with the $40 D+ discount. With the new prices on board, the discounts are now $23 for D and $46 for D+. The last three days now costs $48.

Diamond level guests get one free continuous 24-hour period of unlimied internet OR $20 off a package.

Hmm. I got the 24 hour period AND $20 off the package the next day once the 24 hour period was up. Of course the internet was worthless on the Independence.

Diamond level guests get one free continuous 24-hour period of unlimied internet OR $20 off a package.

This is one area that Royal IT does a good job, when you first sign in to the internet it very clearly shows you several options and your cost as Diamond.

This is one area that Royal IT does a good job, when you first sign in to the internet it very clearly shows you several options and your cost as Diamond.

Also, my discount number might be off. I've seen reports of higher VOOM pricing, but I don't know if that is fleetwide, so the discount might be $20-$23 now.

You either used a second coupon or there was some kind of lucky glitch.

Who knows... but even with the extra off it was truly worthless on the Independence. I only use for iMessages, however it would not stay connected when the phone screen went off. Then I could spend 10 minutes or more trying to get it connected again. It was so annoying.

Oh well, I hope it is better on the Navigator & Adventure.

Who knows... but even with the extra off it was truly worthless on the Independence. I only use for iMessages, however it would not stay connected when the phone screen went off. Then I could spend 10 minutes or more trying to get it connected again. It was so annoying.

Oh well, I hope it is better on the Navigator & Adventure.

It was better, I guess on Adventure. It wasn't the superfast Voom, but it did have a strong signal over the ship. I did a couple of periscope and facebook live streams.