How to See Tracy Arm in September - Is it possible?

Seavoyage

If you are in a cruise, see if it is offered as an excursion through the ship. That may be your only option in September.

I did already - Thank you. I even called the Alaska tour operators that service the ships (Allen and Adventure) themselves. They both stop in August. Hoping someone knows of some others that may go there in September.

If you are in a cruise, see if it is offered as an excursion through the ship. That may be your only option in September.

I did already - Thank you. I even called the Alaska tour operators that service the ships (Allen and Adventure) themselves. They both stop in August. Hoping someone knows of some others that may go there in September.

AdventureBound Alaska shows September bookable on their website. Though if you spoke with Winona and she said they were not operating, she would know. I do know AdventureBound moves their boat to Seattle in the winter.

Those are the only 2 companies. Allen Marine and AdventureBound Alaska.

AdventureBound Alaska shows September bookable on their website. Though if you spoke with Winona and she said they were not operating, she would know. I do know AdventureBound moves their boat to Seattle in the winter.

Those are the only 2 companies. Allen Marine and AdventureBound Alaska.

Thank you yes. She even advised I call Allen - I did - same response. They stop operating due to weather - but have seen footage that looks nice that time of year....so just wondering if any smaller tour operators go in if the weather is cooperative....

Hello All - Anyone know of any other tour companies besides Allen and Adventure that will go to Tracy Arm in September? Called both operators and they stop going last week of August. :( Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Those are the only 2 companies. If you find a private boat company that would do it -- I would be hesitant due to timing. These 2 companies know the timing. A company that is not used to the area I would not trust with timing.

September has the potential for bad weather. Have you considered moving your cruise to another date. I would not sail in September.

Thank you. I've read both positive and negative reviews regarding September visits. We are going first week in, so hoping for a mix weather wise. Plus it hits my BD so it's kind of a "bucket list" trip of sorts. Also after a shot for a view of the northern lights and this year at this time proved positive. Oh well if Tracy Arm is not in the cards so to speak at least we'll have Glacier Bay - was just hoping to do it all....thanks for commentary everyone. Happy Sails!

Thank you. I've read both positive and negative reviews regarding September visits. We are going first week in, so hoping for a mix weather wise. Plus it hits my BD so it's kind of a "bucket list" trip of sorts. Also after a shot for a view of the northern lights and this year at this time proved positive. Oh well if Tracy Arm is not in the cards so to speak at least we'll have Glacier Bay - was just hoping to do it all....thanks for commentary everyone. Happy Sails!

It is very rare to see aurora from a cruise ship, are you going northbound with time mainland? best opportunity if a preference.