Hotels in Dania

DaisyandSika

I am looking to book one of the Choice Hotels brand properties in Dania March 14-16. The Cambria, and soon to open Comfort Suites on North Federal Hwy, and Hotel Morrison. While it looks like an up and coming area, is there much around for restaurants and a bit of shopping? We have enough points to stay for free, which makes these places attractive.

We booked at the Cambia Suites, for our January cruise, using our points. Looking at Google Maps, there is a Kmart and a BJ's Wholesale Club withing walking distance. As I understand it, under Florida law, you can go into the BJ's liquor store to purchase only alcohol and not be a member. The hotel has it's own restaurant, but we are planning of using Uber to an area restaurant. We also stayed at the Sleep Inn on SE 5th Avenue. There is a Walgreens next store and a Publix grocery store about a half mile away. We walked to both places, during the day, and felt safe. There are a couple of restaurants across the street from this hotel. Can't help you on the other places that you mentioned.

David

The Comfort Suites and Hotel Morrison located on Federal Hwy in Downtwon Dania Beach are currently under construction. I am not aware of any Cambria Suites in that area (open or coming soon) besides the one referenced in the previous response, which is a couple miles away at the Stirling Rd/I-95 interchange (legal address: 141 SW 19 Ct, Dania Beach--but again, not near the Federal Hwy district).

Given the track record of on-time opening for any business or property in South Florida, I would certainly have a back up plan ready. Though should either new location be available, that "up and coming area" still necessitates being comfortable walking in tough urban neighborhoods. There are a two long-standing local restaurants (Grampa's and Jaxsons), an IHOP and a Wallgreen's (not 24 hours) a couple blocks south. And while the plaza where Jaxsons is located is very crowded into the night, caution after dark in the whole area is still advised.

I did check google maps prior to posting, and even checked the street view. But was looking more for personal opinions.

Thank you all for the input. It certainly confirmed my thoughts. Ended up booking the Comfort Suites next door to the Cambria. A bit of a points savings, and just as good reviews.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!