Just back from the Dawn!

Jme4166

No dailies and I will say I felt like there was not a lot of activities. But still had a great time! We were in a obstructed Oceanview on deck 8 and loved it. No spa!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which cabin were you in? We are booked in an obstructed oceanview on deck 8...rooms 8076 and 8072 I believe. Curious what the view will be as it looks like we are right in front of a life boat.

Which cabin were you in? We are booked in an obstructed oceanview on deck 8...rooms 8076 and 8072 I believe. Curious what the view will be as it looks like we are right in front of a life boat.

LINK to NCL DWAN deck plans:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Dawn

Click on Deck 8

WOW talk about obstructed view - both of those cabins 8076 & 8072 looking smack dab in the middle

of a life boat. Only view you are going to get is if that boat right in front of you is used for tendering.

NO DAILIES ships activities newspaper ? - What did they do put it on the TV screen ?

OR just maybe you have to hoof it down to the Guest Registration counter to get a copy.

LINK to NCL DWAN deck plans:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Dawn

Click on Deck 8

WOW talk about obstructed view - both of those cabins 8076 & 8072 looking smack dab in the middle

of a life boat. Only view you are going to get is if that boat right in front of you is used for tendering.

NO DAILIES ships activities newspaper ? - What did they do put it on the TV screen ?

OR just maybe you have to hoof it down to the Guest Registration counter to get a copy.

We hade 8616 great view between 2 life boats. Not sure what you mean about no dailies?

We hade 8616 great view between 2 life boats. Not sure what you mean about no dailies?

From your post #8:

No dailies and I will say I felt like there was not a lot of activities. But still had a great time! We were in a obstructed Oceanview on deck 8 and loved it. No spa!

The DAILIES are the newsprint (ships newspaper) placed on your turned down bed at night by your cabin steward;

often with a towel animal and if you have frequent cruising status with NCL a couple of chocolate wafers.

Lists all the activities for the next day of the cruise with an assortment of garbage ads from vendors on the ship.

Activities include shows shore excursions and details about tendering disembarking etc.

I am a two timer on the DAWN and once on the sister ship STAR and know these ships very well.

Some OV cabins are as you noted 8616 have a narrow slot of viewing between life boats others like the

8072 and 8076 not so good. The deck plans LINK I provided helps to filter out the better OV cabins.

From your post #8:

The DAILIES are the newsprint (ships newspaper) placed on your turned down bed at night by your cabin steward;

often with a towel animal and if you have frequent cruising status with NCL a couple of chocolate wafers.

Lists all the activities for the next day of the cruise with an assortment of garbage ads from vendors on the ship.

Activities include shows shore excursions and details about tendering disembarking etc.

I am a two timer on the DAWN and once on the sister ship STAR and know these ships very well.

Some OV cabins are as you noted 8616 have a narrow slot of viewing between life boats others like the

8072 and 8076 not so good. The deck plans LINK I provided helps to filter out the better OV cabins.

Simeon’s asked if I had a copy of the dailies and I said no. I didn’t mean that we did not receive any lol

Anyone know who the officers are currently onboard the Dawn? Did anyone attend the CC M&G and pick up a card with all the names or perhaps take a picture of the wall outside the wine bar with the pictures of all the officers?

Thanks in advance!

~ Nancy :)

We were on 11 day southern and got back on December 28th (were in a owners suite - 10006) and she was very attentive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wife and I are going to be in that OS next March for our anniversary. How was it? Any trouble/delay getting your three bottles of booze?

None whatsoever!! You will get a letter along with luggage tags and my husband called the number and the lady sent him a email with the available liquor and we responded with the booze we wanted and the sodas we would like and also cranberry juice and lemons and limes etc and it was all there! The suite is beautiful!!! You will love it!

Our favorite bar was the atrium bar(The Java Place) the bartender there was the best we have ever encountered his name is Jay and he is from India. We at most mornings In O’Sheehan’s b cause it was 16 steps from our room....but I also know the main dining room was also serving breakfast.

Our favorite bar was the atrium bar(The Java Place) the bartender there was the best we have ever encountered his name is Jay and he is from India. We at most mornings In O’Sheehan’s b cause it was 16 steps from our room....but I also know the main dining room was also serving breakfast.

Thanks! Can hardly wait - 20 days to go!

The obstructed view is can be very obstructed. Here is a quick video of 8582 to give you some perspective. But if you get one between the boats, it is better

Good Morning fellow cruisers!

I know of a shore excursion in Costa Maya, Mexico that sounds absolutely blissful. I thought others may be interested in this as well. The vendor has a very high ranking and this sounds like a great value.

The details are as follows:

*Barefoot Beach Club

*VIP Pass

* One item lunch selection

* Open bar

* 60 minute beach side massage

*$58.99

~Marit

Would anybody like to join me, or even just share the short cab ride?