Silhouette - Chef’s Table, Wine Dinner and/or Progressive Dinner

MERLOTCHAMPAGNE

Has anyone done these recently? We were on Reflection last winter and enjoyed many of the specialty restaurants as well as the Chef Discovery Tour in St. Marteen. We’ve done Chef’s Tables on other lines and wondering how well Celebrity does them and if we should plan to do them next month rather than buy a specialty restaurant package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've done the Chef's table a number of times, but not recently. We liked the menu better when it was unique to the table, not items from Murano's, Tuscan, etc. Both times the food was very good and the table was always hosted by officers or senior staff so a good chance to interact. We've also done the wine dinner and the Chef's Market Discovery in St. Maarten and they were similar, enjoyed both. No staff at the table for either of these dinners. We've never done the progressive dinner.

We would like to do the Chef's table again but it is just too much food for us, plus we get unlimited specialty dining. If you choose one of these dinners I don't think you will be disappointed.

We've done the Chef's table a number of times, but not recently. We liked the menu better when it was unique to the table, not items from Murano's, Tuscan, etc. Both times the food was very good and the table was always hosted by officers or senior staff so a good chance to interact. We've also done the wine dinner and the Chef's Market Discovery in St. Maarten and they were similar, enjoyed both. No staff at the table for either of these dinners. We've never done the progressive dinner.

We would like to do the Chef's table again but it is just too much food for us, plus we get unlimited specialty dining. If you choose one of these dinners I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for your input - we’ll hold off on specialty restaurants until we’re onboard and see what specialty dinners are offered on our particular cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you board there should be someone at a lap top selling dinners in the specialty restaurants who can provide you with information on the chef's table or progressive dinner. Someone should also be outside of Muranos and they can book for you. We've often signed up with the sommelier in Cellar Masters. You can also ask to see the menu for the dinner before hand.

When you board there should be someone at a lap top selling dinners in the specialty restaurants who can provide you with information on the chef's table or progressive dinner. Someone should also be outside of Muranos and they can book for you. We've often signed up with the sommelier in Cellar Masters. You can also ask to see the menu for the dinner before hand.

Funny, we never saw anything on Eclipse about Chef's Table(then again we never looked into it)We'll be on the Reflection for 2 weeks Jan.'19. I'll have to look into it at that time. We're trying Oceania this Jan. & booked the "Le Reserve" at $195pp it better be as good as they brag about!!

How does one sign up for either the chef's table or a progressive dinner. We are on Sillhouette in Feb and are interested.

I thought that there was too much food and was pricey for me.

They will be advertised when on the ship.

We were on the Infinity for our 50th anniversary 2 years ago. The MaitreD at Blu made the reservations for us at the Chef Table. It was very good, had the dinner in Murano wine area. I would hve to say, that as a former Princess cruiser, that is the only thing Princess outshines Celebrity. I won’t do it again. At $279 per couple including wine, I rather just pay for the Murano, I have the premium wine pkg.

We were on the Infinity for our 50th anniversary 2 years ago. The MaitreD at Blu made the reservations for us at the Chef Table. It was very good, had the dinner in Murano wine area. I would hve to say, that as a former Princess cruiser, that is the only thing Princess outshines Celebrity. I won’t do it again. At $279 per couple including wine, I rather just pay for the Murano, I have the premium wine pkg.

At that time, for $279 you should have gotten the cookbook also. We've done it several times for less without the book. I understand they have discontinued the book so the prices should be less, at least I hope so, especially with the premium wine packages.

We were on Shilouette in the British Isles this past August and sailed Shilouette in the Baltics the year before and Reflection 2X. Attended Chefs Table each sailing and believe they do a good job but not what RCCL on Allure or Oasis does ($99 PP, no cook book).

I believe the price each time was $199 per person and yes every time we received the cook book and picture of the attendees. Carried it home in my backpack from the Baltics, Had to be 30lbs! Left it on the next cruise for the room steward and gave the last one to my friend we sailed with.

To us it is not just the wine and food but the people you meet. Some very interesting.

Bad news on Harmony we are on next month holds chef table in the Solarium with curtains around you, not good.

At that time, for $279 you should have gotten the cookbook also. We've done it several times for less without the book. I understand they have discontinued the book so the prices should be less, at least I hope so, especially with the premium wine packages.

Same price we paid on Reflection and no cook book. We didn't find it anywhere near worth the cost involved. It was nowhere near as good as one we did on Oasis several years ago. We're not a fan of mega ships but in this area it FAR outshone the Chef's Table on Reflection, for about HALF the price.

We love the Chef’s Table on Celebrity, but if we ever do it again we’re going to have to negotiate on leaving out the incredibly large and heavy cookbook! We’ve managed to get one home, and rehomed another.

Celebrity might want to rethink the idea that Chef’s Table is a once-in-a-lifetime treat. We’d do it every cruise if they knocked some off the price and ditched the cookbook. :D

We did it a few times at a lower price without the cook book. I saw on another thread awhile ago that they are no longer giving the book, it is out of date based on new restaurants and menu items. I don't know what the current price is as we have not done it for a few years.

We did it a few times at a lower price without the cook book. I saw on another thread awhile ago that they are no longer giving the book, it is out of date based on new restaurants and menu items. I don't know what the current price is as we have not done it for a few years.

Current price is $279....way too much

I’m glad to hear that’s changing! Our last cookbook was acquired in October, (on Millennium) so the change must be fairly recent.

I’m glad to hear that’s changing! Our last cookbook was acquired in October, (on Millennium) so the change must be fairly recent.

This was something read on CC, no 1st hand experience. If you want to do a chef's table talk to the Maître d about pricing without the book if they are still giving it.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the current pp price for Chef's Table? I've seen $99/pp, $199/pp and $279 listed here in this thread along with a couple of other cruise lines.

We've only done one on Carnival at $75/pp and greatly enjoyed the experience. We're sailing Silhouette in 2020.

And we can only sign up once on board? We're staying in Concierge class, so is this something we should talk to the Concierge about?

• 3 months later...
So what is the current pp price for Chef's Table? I've seen $99/pp, $199/pp and $279 listed here in this thread along with a couple of other cruise lines.

We've only done one on Carnival at $75/pp and greatly enjoyed the experience. We're sailing Silhouette in 2020.

And we can only sign up once on board? We're staying in Concierge class, so is this something we should talk to the Concierge about?

The chef's table is $279 per couple (not pp). We did it on Constellation in 2016. It was in a private dining room in Ocean Liners (RIP). We were in concierge class and it was the concierge who booked it for us. For the first few days, he said they didn't know if they were going to do it that sailing. Then finally he said yes, it's happening, and he booked us. It was the second-to-last night of the cruise (it wasn't a sea day). Yes, you can only book this on board. Celebrity does not advertise it at all, from what I can tell. When we did it, it was just the four of us and one other couple, and one officer. They did give us the cookbook. Also, they took us on a galley tour before dinner.