Our day in Antigua

FionaMG

I'm currently reviewing our recent Serenade of the Seas 11-day Southern Caribbean cruise over on the Royal Caribbean board, including detailed descriptions of the excursions we took in each of the ports.

I believe forum rules prohibit me from posting these details here unsolicited, but if any of you who are due to visit Antigua soon would like to read about our experience you can find it in post #24 on this thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2574952

Thank you Fiona, I will check it out. We are sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette on January 26th. We’ve been to Antigua once before and went to the beach. This time I think I’d like to see the island....so, research time!

Happy New Year!

Wow! I got so caught up in your review and your awesome photos. Wonderfully done and so informative.

It appears that your excursion in Antigua was not one of the better tours. I’m sure we will want to get some beach time and snorkeling in provided the weather cooperates.

Your home beaches sound lovely. Here in Florida we also have outstanding beaches. We live 90 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale. While in the US have you ever been to the Florida Keys? A must see.

Happy New Year and Happy Cruising!

PS....bet that little beagle was adorable, I have a beagle and a foxhound/beagle!

Wow! I got so caught up in your review and your awesome photos. Wonderfully done and so informative.

It appears that your excursion in Antigua was not one of the better tours. I’m sure we will want to get some beach time and snorkeling in provided the weather cooperates.

Your home beaches sound lovely. Here in Florida we also have outstanding beaches. We live 90 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale. While in the US have you ever been to the Florida Keys? A must see.

Happy New Year and Happy Cruising!

PS....bet that little beagle was adorable, I have a beagle and a foxhound/beagle!

Happy New Year to you too, and thank you very much for your kind words. I have never done a detailed report like this before and I am enjoying reliving the trip as I write about it. :D

The tour in Antigua was ok as an overview but it would not give you much chance to visit a beach and go snorkeling, especially if it ran late, like ours did. I wonder if a catamaran or similar tour might be a good option for you? I'm sure I remember reading several posts on this board about people doing that and really enjoying it.

Our beaches here in Portugal are indeed amazing, miles and miles of golden sand. I would love to see more of the Florida beaches but the opportunity hasn't arisen yet. Hopefully it will, one day.

The little beagle was very cute but I can tell you, I got cut off in mid "aaawwww" when she sent me to the naughty room! :')

Anyway good luck with your planning and have a fantastic cruise!