Breakaway, mini suite, large balcony, deck 8

sleepless

We stayed in 8130 and 8134 in July and January respectively. 2/3 of the balcony gets sun 1/3 is covered, there were 2 loungers and a full table with 2 chairs. A lot of storage room. No real tub, so you don't have to step 3 feet up to get into the shower. I cannot post either the pictures or video I have taken. The large balcony mini suite is the only way we will take when going on the Breakaway.

I think I remember it having the super multi head shower. The balcony is indeed large. The room itself isn't significantly different than a standard balcony room on the Away class ships. However, I still thought it was worth it....especially the balcony since the other rooms' balconies are really small.

Our first Breakaway cruise was in 8130. I have a review in my signature with pictures if you want to check it out, it's the 7 day sailing.

We loved it!

Thanks, I just read through your review. Lived the pictures of the balcony, as well as the pool and beach pictures. I am in Michigan, two days before the new year. We have about 8 or 9 inches of snow on the ground and an outside temp of 15 degrees. Would love the warmth of a beach right now.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody! Thanks so much for posting your thoughts!! I just booked 8132 for May 2019 and was hoping I had made the right decision about the larger balcony. It sounds like I did!! Does anyone have any balcony and view photos?

We are picking these rooms for our next cruise on the Getaway. Here is a video of these on the Escape. I understand that on the Aways and Escape that these are all really similar. These sound awesome to us and we are really excited.

Hello everybody! Thanks so much for posting your thoughts!! I just booked 8132 for May 2019 and was hoping I had made the right decision about the larger balcony. It sounds like I did!! Does anyone have any balcony and view photos?

Check my review in my signature. Not the Haven ones, the other one. That has 8130.

So,,, just remember that what happens on your balcony doesn’t stay on your balcony,,, it gets posted to Instagram and YouTube by the hundreds of eyes and cameras above you.

THAT'S exactly why I would not book one of those!!;p:D LOL.

Also the beer cans, broken glass and butts that ended up several mornings after party nights in cabins above. Did I mention a swimsuit?

• 1 month later...

We just returned this past Sunday and Stayed in 8132. We loved the room. The location was excellent too. Close to many activities on floors 6, 7 and 8 and the deck on 8 is a wonderful place to grab a drink and relax in a big comfortable chair. That’s where we relaxed after taking off from NY. The only drawback to 8132 is that the service entrance is directly across but it was only very active the last night with all the luggage. We brought the fabric square cubes for the top of the closet which worked well. The bathroom is enormous and has plenty of storage beneath the sink and balcony is huge! Enjoy!

We just returned this past Sunday and Stayed in 8132. We loved the room. The location was excellent too. Close to many activities on floors 6, 7 and 8 and the deck on 8 is a wonderful place to grab a drink and relax in a big comfortable chair. That’s where we relaxed after taking off from NY. The only drawback to 8132 is that the service entrance is directly across but it was only very active the last night with all the luggage. We brought the fabric square cubes for the top of the closet which worked well. The bathroom is enormous and has plenty of storage beneath the sink and balcony is huge! Enjoy!

Some people have been concerned about noise from the theater below these rooms. Did you hear anything?

I just booked a mini suit, large balcony, deck 8 on the Breakaway. If you have stayed in one of these cabins before, please share with me what you liked about it. It will be my first time in a mini suite - first time on N L.

Stayed in 8734 (March 18-25, got married on the cruise). TBH the location was the best part. Could leave the bars and just travel right to the room - no stairs, no elevators, etc. That was the best part!

I just booked a mini suit, large balcony, deck 8 on the Breakaway. If you have stayed in one of these cabins before, please share with me what you liked about it. It will be my first time in a mini suite - first time on N L.
we just stayed in a mini suite balcony on Deck 9 mid ship. Room is very nice. Our balcony was very small - only two chairs and a tiny table. It was fine for us, especially since it wasn't that warm out. Larger balcony sounds nice! Bathroom is good size, with a double sink and double sized shower (with only one shower head and several rear level spray jets.) The closet is right up against the bed, so only one person can actually access it at a time. Lots of storage space. there are two layouts - one with beds near the bathroom, and sofa by the balcony, and the other way around. The sofa near the bathroom setup allows for easier access to the closet.

We had no other noise then the service entrance across from us which, like I said, was really just very active on the last night with the luggage. I would stay on the 8th floor again. It really was a great location.