Princess cancellation insurance

gigianne

It is easy to cancel, just a phone call. Then you must file with the insurance company (not Princess) and if any part of your claim is a covered reason, you get that back in cash. The rest comes back as full or partial credit from Princess. It is fairly quick on Princess’ part after the claim is processed by the insurance company.

We did have issues with it but it did pay off as expected eventually.

Our specific issue was we had booked two cabins. One for my DW and I. The second was for my nephew who was being treated by St Jude’s for a very serious cancer along with his best friend.

We booked and payed for both cabins to take him and his friend away for a trip while he was in the monitor phase following major treatment and surgery. The cancer is considered incurable but doctors encouraged him to do some things he wanted to see or so after his recovery had reached a satisfactory stage.

Unfortunately his cancer returned earlier than expected and we had to cancel our plans within a couple weeks if the trip. Although the reason to cancel was a covered reason, which means cash refund, in order to get the refund in cash the doctors who would be treating him would have to complete paperwork stating he couldn’t not travel including many pages of forms. We opted to use the ‘for any reason’ clause which each of us future cruise dollars vs cash to avoid the need to travel to St Jude’s and request his team of doctors to help us. Unfortunately that means the future cruise dollars must be placed in everyone’s own CCR account regardlsss who paid for the cruise.

Later as his condition worsened and it became clear he would not survive we had to decide what to do about the crusie credits in his and his friends accounts. To have the credits moved from their accounts you must have forms signed by each stating they have no claim to the funds, will not use them and authorize them to transfer them to someone else. If you find yourself in this situation you will have to decide whether you can ask for this sort of paperwork is something you can manage or whether it’s simply left in the accounts to avoid having to ask someone who is terminal to worry with it.

Very specific issue in our case that isn’t common I suppose.