Cruise in july from lisbon to barcelona

alexandra12

Is anybody going on this cruise beside me? It is not in the roll

call and i have posted before and not received a reply. Know that there

is a cruise as i have paid for it.

You've already started your own Roll Call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2572815

Every Cruise is different, sometimes people don't look for the Roll Call until closer in.

In addition, with many people taking the oLife tour options there is lesser participation on many Roll Calls. We're on a B2B in May on Riviera (two 7 day cruises) and one roll call is somewhat active, the second is barely alive. It can depend on the itinerary.

Our Marina cruise last month (November '17) had an active roll call -- although not as active as our roll calls have been in the past -- and we were able to find compatible couples with whom we scheduled several private tours.

But you never know who your fellow passengers will be. And most passengers don't know Cruise Critic from Adam ... If the majority of passengers are not active computer users, you won't be hearing from them.

Good luck on the roll call picking up steam closer to the date. I've had cruises we booked 18 months out which had very active roll calls ... and then there's this May cruise which is very sleepy.

Mura

Thank you. My previous experience with roll call resulted in two excursions with bus loads of people from my cruise as well as a private van for 6. Much better and cheaper than cruise line offering. My issue with Olife is they only allow excursions that are less than $100.00. Most of these are only for half a day, in a bus, or visiting some craft to buy things or eat or drink products. I choose this cruise because of the full days in each city and overnight in one so i could experience the area as much as possible. Was trying to find others who felt the same.

Correction: the oLife excursions are $199 or less, not $100. But I agree that they tend to be shorter durations. And of course, on buses. Most of the oLife tours we've done since their inception have not been full buses, however. Perhaps we were just lucky.

Mura

Thank you. My previous experience with roll call resulted in two excursions with bus loads of people from my cruise as well as a private van for 6. Much better and cheaper than cruise line offering. My issue with Olife is they only allow excursions that are less than $100.00. Most of these are only for half a day, in a bus, or visiting some craft to buy things or eat or drink products. I choose this cruise because of the full days in each city and overnight in one so i could experience the area as much as possible. Was trying to find others who felt the same.

The "free" O Life tours are generally up to $199. pp

If you do not want to do the cruise bus tours then choose a different perk such as the OBC or just opt out of the O Life deal

Roll calls are hit or miss these days & your cruise is still months away & some people have other cruises or things planned that are more pressing

Just keep your roll call active & maybe others will join

you cannot force people to sign up :evilsmile:

My issue with Olife is they only allow excursions that are less than $100.00. Most of these are only for half a day, in a bus, or visiting some craft to buy things or eat or drink products. I choose this cruise because of the full days in each city and overnight in one so i could experience the area as much as possible. Was trying to find others who felt the same.

As others said, the Olife shore erxcursion perk is up to $199.

Personally, I often like to do 1/2 day tours because I like to spend the other 1/2 of the day on my own by wandering down streets to meet locals and see what treasures I can find. Small shops, cafes and churches can be as much or more fun than seeing monuments or museums.