Sailing out of Vancouver Round Trip

Dancing Shoes

I have read about going through the Seymour Narrows, have I got that right? Will it be too late to really see anything going north? Don't want to be stuck eating in a place for dinner with no windows if that is the time frame.

Better chance coming southbound toward Vancouver?

It varies depending on the slack tides. I've transited a wide range of times, with more daylight transits going south, including being all the way back, stalled outside of Vancouver. :)

More important for me, is the wonderful scenic sailing and my successful sightings of the resident orca pods. :) I'm out prior to dawn on the northbound to hopefully catch a view.

Thanks everyone. Will try and get up early for orca spotting. Harder for me coming from my time zone. When you come from NY, Budget Queen, you are probably up at 3 am. I used the search button also, great tool by the way, and was reading up about the tides and such. We sail Aug 15th on HAL.