Check In at Pier

Jong

Hello Everyone, I have a question regarding check in at the pier before embarkation. I am a Platinum Member with Royal Caribbean, and I am sailing with my friend, who has never sailed on a cruise before. He joined the Crown and Anchor society as a new member. At check in, they have the different lines for General, Gold, Platinum, Emerald, etc...

Does anyone know if my friend would be able to join me in the Platinum Member line, or if we would have to go to the general line/check in separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sailing in the same cabin? - If you do, you most likely will be able to check-in together. It all depends on the people checking the lines, but especialy when on the same set sail pass they will let you check-in together. Should you get some very strict folks just join your friend in the general line which often can be shorter/faster anyway.

If you are sailling in different cabins, chances are somewhat higher for being seperated unless you join the line with your friend.

But in the end it all depends on the shoreside staff and is not really a big deal, as both lines are not that much of a difference.

Last cruise out of Sydney, Australia I was in a JS as a Gold member and had first time cruisers in a standard balcony cabin. The whole way through I told the others to stick close to me from the check-in queues until walking the gangway, and just kept flashing my Suite Set Sail pass. Whole group treated with priority the whole way through.

It's always worth a shot.

... Does anyone know if my friend would be able to join me in the Platinum Member line, or if we would have to go to the general line/check in separately?

All depends on cruise terminal personnel. I'd just stay with your friend, many times there is little difference.