Forgot boarding documents

TexasTrio

See, no problem. There is always- a person, at entries, who has a manifest, who can look up passengers without paperwork. It is no big deal- does anyone really think you are going to be denied boarding IF you don't have it? Certainly NOT.

All doom sayers- Show proof that someone has been denied. :)

I only know that Port Canaveral, San Diego, Honolulu, NYC and New Orleans the passenger has free access to the "base" until they hit the actual terminal then they need to present the docs.

We had to show our boarding passes at the parking garage entrance in New Orleans.

I sailed out of PE, driven by a Lyft driver, and did not have to show my passport or my boarding pass at the security gate. I had my boarding pass ready but wasn’t asked to show it.

In Nov at PE we had to show passports and boarding passes. They also hassled our Uber driver for his paperwork and he had to show them his app showing we had requested him.

I know back in the day this used to be an issue if you didn't have these documents. With technology these days, a lot of the fears are unfounded. I am always very prepared but this summer I had everyone's boarding passes printed out except one. The agent at the terminal whipped out the mobile computer from her side and printed one quickly so we could get into the terminal. Another thing is that I booked our parking last minute for out cruise in October. In recent years, I have not printed the receipt, using the screen shot on my phone to get in. Even better, I usually do not go to the lot, I usually send my husband or other drivers in our party while I wait with the rest of the group at the port. I will forward a copy of that via text and it works. Not saying these documents should not be available but in the event someone forgets them, it is easily resolved with a little impact to the parties involved. Same with flying, I no longer print all those copies of everything, but will print one copy for myself just in case something happens with our mobile phones. It is stricter to get past when flying even more so than cruising, in some cases. Of course I sail from Galveston or Florida usually.

Sent from my iPad using Forums