China Shots

hgatsawgrs

best place to check is www.cdc.gov they will list what is required/susgested. we went three years ago and had everything done(including boosters for Polio). It was unnecessary. Unless you are going off the beaten track you will find China surprisingly modern. Japan you can eat off the sidewalks. Korea is also very modern as well. In China everyone drinks bottled or boiled water...

• 2 weeks later...
I only get shots when I visit America. It is one of the most unclean places I have ever visited.

Either you are a troll, you have never been to a third world country, or you should go back to what ever country you came from and NOT visit America anymore.

Merry Christmas

BruceMuzz

His profile says he lives in San Francisco which, I believe, is still part of the USA.

I am perfectly aware that his profile says San Francisco. And I am also aware that San Francisco is part of the USA. What you missed is that he states he VISITS the USA.

My post reflected that the poster is either NOT a world traveler (who temporarily lives in SF) or a foreigner who VISITS the USA and just happens to think the USA is one of the dirtiest places he had ever been.

I'll take the USA over most of the world any day, as I am sure most would. Hep A and B shots are not REQUIRED to safely eat food and the water is safe to drink.

I still think the poster is a troll.

Gina

gina,

did santa not bring you what you wanted for christmas??????

I got everything I wanted for Christmas-peace and quiet was #1 on the list. I worked Christmas Eve until about 6:20PM, due to the transit strike in NYC. Not a fun way to start the holidays.

Maybe my "tone" didn't reflect what I meant. I really resent people always bashing the US. And BruceMuzz bashed pretty good. To state that he only takes shots when he visits the US-maybe he is from a poor country where you don't get the "normal" shots when you are a kid and needs shots to comply with US regulations. LOL

And then Digby implied that I had no idea where San Franciso was. Digby, the post may have been directed at BruceMuzz, but the way it was written it was directed at me.

No more on BruceMuzz, OK???? He's a troll.

I live in Shanghai - and travel the world for a living.

I write travel books and travel articles for magazines and newspapers.

I only worry about my health and safety when I visit America.

Coming from Shanghai, I can understand your concerns for safety. China is one of the safest places on earth. Must have something to do with the VERY strict government. But surely you have been to Vietnam and/or Cambodia, where street crime is much more prevalent than in the US. Maybe it is the violence associated in street crime that you notice in the US. But the mugging of tourists happens MUCH more frequently in other countries.

However, I certainly didn't feel "healthy" when I was in China in October. Couldn't drink the water, even in 5*** hotels, pollution was so bad in Beijing and Chongqing that this born and raised Los Angeleno had problems breathing.

And I sure wouldn't eat a lot of the food I saw in different cafes and street vendors. Outside the cruise ship, when we boarded in Chongqing, they were actually cooking and selling some kind of "specialty" food ON THE GROUND, IN THE DIRT. You sure wouldn't see that in the US. If you saw a stand at a cruise ship in the US, it would most probably be licensed and under the same health regulations as a sit down restaurant. And if it wasn't licensed, SOMEONE would make a phone call and the stand would either be shut down or made to comply with the rules.

Since the original post was about required vaccinations in China, I went to the CDC website to find out what was required to enter the US for foreigners.

IF you have the normal shots all Americans get when they are very small-smallpox, tetanus, polio, etc., you need no shots. Not even Hep A or B recommended. In America, we have very few food related illnesses.

I am still trying to figure out why you think America is unhealthy????

Archived