Christmas cruise review with some shopping tips

nancyevans

Here's a link to the review I wrote about the Christmas Market cruise I took on Emerald Dawn. The passengers were mainly from Australia, Canada, the U. K. and the U.S. Ages ranged from about 11 upwards. There were two families onboard with children from about 11-16. Several people we met were single travelers. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=602672

Here's a link to the review I wrote about the Christmas Market cruise I took on Emerald Dawn. The passengers were mainly from Australia, Canada, the U. K. and the U.S. Ages ranged from about 11 upwards. There were two families onboard with children from about 11-16. Several people we met were single travelers. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=602672

Thank you for posting the link and for your review it is really helpful. I particularly liked the tip to buy chocolates from the grocery store rather than the market.

If you are planning to buy your Christmas goodies at the airport, then by all means shop the grocery stores. Many of the edibles in the Christmas markets are produced by small local makers (the commercial makers are also there). Try the samples, especially in Nuremberg, and then make your decisions. I usually prefer the artisan cookies and candies for flavor and freshness to the commercially packaged ones. If you prefer your local artisan bakery, you may not care for the grocery store items.

I usually prefer the artisan cookies and candies for flavor and freshness to the commercially packaged ones.

I don't tend to buy sweets so I don't have that problem. Local spice blends are usually what I like. Not necessarily the fancy ones, either ;-) Just the local "soup packet" type spice blends. Brought back some fun options from Bulgaria while on a Black Sea cruise ;-) I think that trip also got me started on my canned fish kick....In drug stores, I tend to start with hand lotions & lip balms and see what else looks fun!