Equivalent of Luggage Direct service?

msteries

I'm not familiar with HAL's program, but X offers a Luggage Valet Program. The programs works as follows. You must disembark at Port of Miami, Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) or Seattle, WA. Your return flights must be after a specific time depending on port and airport. You must be flying on specific airlines. (American, United, Delta, Southwest, Jet Blu all come to mind but there may be others). You must apply on board and be approved by the airline involved as well as pay a fee of $25 per person plus any applicable baggage fees. If approved, you will be given special luggage tags to put on your luggage when you put it outside your stateroom on the last evening of the cruise, and you will receive your airline boarding pass in your stateroom. You will see your luggage again at your home airport carousel. You leave the ship with only your carry on (if any) and can go to the airport with no need to check in, ad instead proceed to security and to your gate. We've used it many times and love the service. It's well worth the fee.

It seems according to various recent posts that it has not been available on the last several Silhouette cruises, though it has been on other ships. When I called captains club to inquire if it would be availability in January I was told the schedule for Next year wasn’t posted yet.

In certain cruises I have seen it announced in the dailies, and they set a deadline to register 4 to 5 days before disembarkation. It is good to ask about the service in advance with the passenger service personnel

It is necessary for the registration to include a copy of the itinerary of your flight and the official identification or passport.

Thanks for the information, everyone! I wish I could say your posts reassured me... As a solo traveller, I have relied upon Luggage Direct for many years. But not available on the Silhouette? If any of you sail her in the next few weeks, would you check fir me, please?

Thanks for the information, everyone! I wish I could say your posts reassured me... As a solo traveller, I have relied upon Luggage Direct for many years. But not available on the Silhouette? If any of you sail her in the next few weeks, would you check fir me, please?

I hope someone sailing on the 7th can report back on this. We sail on the Silhouette on the 14th and REALLY love this service, and was counting on having it. Very sad to hear it may not happen.

Strange thing - I just tried to quote Helen, and mention that I also will be sailing on the 26th. CC system told me my post was too short - needed to be more than three characters long. It was! Weird. Let’s see if this goes through.

Mary

Strange thing - I just tried to quote Helen, and mention that I also will be sailing on the 26th. CC system told me my post was too short - needed to be more than three characters long. It was! Weird. Let’s see if this goes through.

Mary

That happens when your cursor was somewhere within the post you're trying to quote. Make sure your cursor is outside of the[/quote ] symbol.

Sailing Celebrity -the Silhouette late January- for the first time in many years. Does Celebrity offer a service like HAL’s Luggage Direct?

Yes, it IS available on Silhouette.

We used the Luggage Valet Service this past Sunday, December 31 2017.

Not sure what the various posts that say it is no longer available are basing that on ???

If you are in an upper suite, Celebrity will wave the $25 fee.

The Celebrity Michael’s Club concierge took care of all the arrangements for us and even printed out our boarding passes. It was as smooth and easy as one could ever wish for.

— Don

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is global pass? Have there been long lines at debarkation at Port Everglades to go thru C&I?

Mobile passport is a phone app that allows you(assuming us citizen) can bypass long immigration lines at port Everglades.

We disembarked Reflection in PE on Dec.8th. Although I had the Mobile Passport app up and ready to use, when I asked about where the line for it was, I was told by port security personnel (I asked 3 different people) it wasn't functioning that morning. That being said, we were through in less than 15 minutes from entering the terminal at 8:30 AM. Quick and easy.

We disembarked Reflection on 12/8/17 as well. And the lines weren't long...that was why I asked. Just wondered if it would be worthwhile to get the mobile passport (yes, US citizen.)

It can't hurt to have it. It's a free app you can download onto your phone. You enter your passport info into it along with the info of any family members with whom you're travelling. You answer 5 questions about your trip. Once you enter the terminal after you disembark you click "submit" and you get a code valid for 4 hours. If the app is working, you get into a special, often shorter line and once you get to the officer, you display your code and you're done. I can't see any downside. The worst that would happen is it would not be operating. PE is the only cruise port that has it, but it can also be used in many US airports.