Amsterdam in Jan .how full?

Jimsgirl

I am booked on the Amsterdam Jan 6th , 30 day cruise, does anyone know how full the ship will be, or if HAL has sold segments, say San Diego to Hawaii.?

I am curious because I still have no Cabin number, called HAL about an hour ago and was told I would not get that information until a "few days before the sailing date".

On a long cruise such as this I would not expect the ship to be fully sold out, and assumed that by now they would have made up their minds just were I was going to sleep .

Also does anyone know if they are trying out that new "come to dinner any time between X and Y " I have asked for assigned table thinking I would have same table , companions , at same time every night. Now I do not know what to expect.

I am not certain if your cruise is broken down into segments or not. But many of the longer cruises - like yours - 30 days - is booked by people in segments. Some people do not want to do the entire 30 days but just a certain portion - maybe 15 or 16 days.

So - HAL will wait until near sailing time to assign you a cabin in hopes of sailing more cabins if they are available to other people.

Keep checking with HAL.

This cruise was almost half full when we were on the Rotterdam transatlantic in summer 2004. It was announced in May 2004 and many people who missed booking the October 2005 Asian trip signed up immediately. Amsterdam south Pacific cruises go fast.

We inquired in fall 2004 and our choice of cabin was closed.

GN

This is listed in the '06 Planner as a single cruise---there are no segments. At least there were no segments when it was planned.

Sometimes, if a longer cruise doesn't sell well, it gets broken down later. I suspect that did not happen here since it sold so well so long ago.

Cabin assignments are typically made one-two weeks before sailing. I've had them at the 9-day, 2-week, and one month mark. Hang in there---your's should be showing up soon. And are subject to change right up to the last minute.

Have a great time on a very, very nice itinerary.

Archived