Is anyone else finding it hard to get an affordable cruise?

rexy69

Which cruise are you quoting?

We are on Celebrity Eclipse 14 Day Southern Caribbean, March 18 to April 1, Veranda CAT 2C 2 PAX

Spring break + Holy Week

$140 USCy $176 CAD PerPaxPerDay. and your quote is:

$1,200 CAD is $85.71 CAD PerPaxPerDay. in a 7 day cruise

I've been watching the 6-day Conquest and the Celebrity Silhouette. The initial price that you see advertised, quickly changes to a much higher price when clicked on. (I still don't understand that one). We used to get our cruises for around $700 cdn pp.......but I guess that was when we were able to cruise in months other than March Break, summer & Christmas. After reading the replies, I gather that's most likely the whole reason/problem.

That price is very reasonable. I would expect it to go up instead of down. Your timing is off for two reasons, first you should have booked six or eight months ago to get the best price, and second, as you know you are dealing with March break, which is always more expensive.

Very true.

When DH taught at a community college, his spring break usually fell the third full week in March. Many years I was able to find an affordable cruise after the final payment date. Some years, though, I would watch prices and just see them rise and rise after the final payment date.

We just booked a cruise for February at a great price on the Regal Princess, but that's before the OP wants to sail. Now that we're retired, we don't have to wait anymore.

Ahh, retirement sounds wonderful :p Yes, following the school schedule definitely puts a limit on travelling options. We never had to worry about that before, but since we both work for the school board now, it's what we're having to deal with. Have fun on the Regal Princess!

Good morning, Mr. Snarky.

OP, prices have indeed gone up over the past couple of years. I've finally thrown in the towel and adjusted my pricing expectations. If I find something well under $100 per day per person, it's a bonus.

That is good advice. Words of Wisdom.....I should probably do the same. Thanks!

Good morning, Mr. Snarky.

OP, prices have indeed gone up over the past couple of years. I've finally thrown in the towel and adjusted my pricing expectations. If I find something well under $100 per day per person, it's a bonus.

Happy New Year to you!

Clearly, as you have just pointed out, it appears that the OP is not up to speed on current pricing and has unrealistic expectations that would not be found among frequent travelers. In other words: "Travel much?"

BTW: in journalism, "snarky" often refers to "playful irreverence." Nice to be compared to the likes of Johnny Carson, Lenny Bruce and Mort Sahl. Thanks!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/snarky-journalism-is-all-the-rage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums