Tell me about the Golden

Riotgrl13

Thinking of taking the 25th of Feb. Golden from PR

Although we have been on about 15 cruises, including the Grand Princess, we have been on very few Princess in general I love the islands this ship goes to and some of them we have not been to (St Kitts Grenada) I have read a few reviews of the Golden Princess and they are not very complimentary which scares me as we have to also pay to fly to PR.

Any one recently on this ship, these islands with the good, bad, and ugly I would appreciate hearing from soon. As the ship is almost sold out we are looking at the GTY top minisuite AA i think.

Thanks

My DW and I were on the Golden last April. We absolutely loved the ship! We had a balcony cabin on Baja deck (port side). Highlights: Bar hopping 16 bars and getting the t-shirt, having the aft pool all to ourselves some days, afternoon tea, breakfast room service on the balcony and watching the Southern Cross. We enjoyed Grenada, St. Kitts and Aruba. We could not find fault with anything on this ship. There were 3000 cruisers on board but there's so much to do that you never felt you were with so many people.

I have been on the Golden 2x (last time was in October) and 3x on the Grand. If you liked the Grand, you will like the Golden. Very similiar to the Grand but they made a few improvements - the atrium is nicer on the Golden, there is another set of staircases on the Golden. The Golden doesn't have MUTS.

The ship was in good shape, food was usual Princess standards, our service was standard Princess....

If you have any questions - let me know.

Okay guys... First post here, please be gentle:o !

We too have just come back from our TA's office and have booked our first Princess cruise:D !

We normally choose the AI (land) route for our vacations, however DH has never been on a cruise before and thought it was time for something special for our 15th wedding anniversary:D !

I have been on one (1) other cruise (with Carnival) and although I had a good time (Hens week) my DH and I were looking for something a little "classier", less Las Vegas!

After explaining to our TA what we were looking for and the date (which was not flexible) she highly recommended the "Southern Caribbean" and the Golden Princess... So we booked it today and we are leaving on April 22nd...

The reason for all that background information...

I came home from the TA's and realized that I don't have a clue about any of the ports on this itinerary (normally visiting Cuba, Jamaica or Mayan Riviera) and know nothing about Princess Cruise Lines or more specifically this ship:eek: !

Help!!!

I didn't mean to "hijack" this post, I am sorry... I just saw the initial thread and was quite excited to see somebody else looking for specific information about the Golden!

I will spend the next four (4) months pouring over every thread and review I can get my hands on, however if anybody could offer any information to make this search easier I would really appreciate it !

I guess I am specifically looking for information about the ship, activities, service and ports of call... We booked a "guarantee category BF"... The TA assured us this was the way to go :confused:. We know we are going to receive a balcony (just not sure where)? If anybody has any information in regards to booking "guaranteed" rooms, I would love to hear about their experiences as well !

Again, thank you very much for any assistance you guys can offer!

CCFAN

Although we have been on about 15 cruises, including the Grand Princess, we have been on very few Princess in general I love the islands this ship goes to and some of them we have not been to (St Kitts Grenada) I have read a few reviews of the Golden Princess and they are not very complimentary which scares me as we have to also pay to fly to PR.

Any one recently on this ship, these islands with the good, bad, and ugly I would appreciate hearing from soon. As the ship is almost sold out we are looking at the GTY top minisuite AA i think.

Thanks

WE WILL BE ON THE GOLDEN IN 28 DAYS JANUSRY 14TH 2006

YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AFTER WE RETURN ON JANUARY 21ST AND WILLLET YOU KNOW WHAT WE THINK WE ALSO BOOKED THE "SUGAR TRAIN" IN ST. KITS :)

REMBER YOU MAKE OUT OF THE CRUISE WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT WE HAVE A SUITE B DECK AFT

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS STUR2@WOH.RR.COM

STU FROM DAYTON,OHIO

Relax!!!

Try not to plan every moment of the cruise leave some time for spontaneous adventure. We were on the Golden last may...hit a huge noreaster...force ll storm...the last day ...had an extra day on the boat...I have to say that the entire trip was wonderful..(My compliments to the Captain!!! He was wonderful...kep us informed and just "handled it")....on the islands...do a little of everything ...a tour, a little shopping and then...just sit in a little cafe on the beach and have that margarita!!!...Now that's my idea of cruising!

I'm pleased to read the positive comments on the Golden as I will be sailing away two weeks from today!

I wish I could put my hands on something I read about the Golden being ranked in the "top 10 cruise ships" somewhere... but it may have been a year or two ago. I know I just read it within the last couple of days, maybe in a cruise magazine (I keep my old ones).

You can't ever go wrong by going on a cruise. The Golden was a very nice ship, good food, good service, beautiful pool and spa area, plenty to do, need I say more? Can't even think of one negative.

Get on, unpack, kick back, enjoy, you will love it! 7 days of bliss.

As you can see from our signature below, we have sailed on the Golden Princess twice. Our first cruise ever was on her, and as a result we contracted the addiction to cruising that is so prevelant among the posters here. The Golden is a beautiful ship. Big, but does not seem to be when you are on her. As for the itinerary, we did similar on the Sea Princess and had a great time on all the islands we visited. Have a wonderful cruise all of you who are sailing on her and especially if it is your maiden. Remember the Cruise Addiction phenom!

Steve and Marg

Thanks

You can read my review of the Golden cruise 11/26 thru 12/3 which i posted a short while ago. All in all the Golden is a nice ship with a good crew.. you should have a great time on her.

Dh and I were on the Golden in October, and we had a minisuite, which.....has spoiled me!! The bathroom is wonderful with the full size tub, and the amenities are in little bottles from the spa. Great smelling!!!

Great closet space, and the beds are super comfortable!! Balcony is a nice size, with lots of room.

The ship is beautiful, and even though it is immense, it has so many nooks and crannys, that is gives you the impression of coziness....

My youngest daughter is actually on the ship RIGHT NOW (I am sooooo jealous!!) She sailed out of SJ, and the itinerary is great...seemed a little different than the usual.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!!!

Archived