Allure, Oasis, or Anthem?

casone

We just did a 7 day on Oasis out of Canaveral and are booked on the May 31 Anthem sailing. My teens are 15 and 11. While they did not join us on Oasis they were more interested in the Anthem YouTube videos and we all liked the 9 day itinerary with 4 sea days. I was not able to do everything I wanted on Oasis in the 7 days and I almost felt pressure from not getting to do it all. I'm looking forward to a slightly smaller ship and the extra days to see it. The ports on the Anthem are the same as my Oasis cruise but adding Bermuda. I'm Floridian so we're actually excited about the idea of a cooler port and luckily there are direct flights to Newark from Sarasota. We're going up for Memorial Day weekend to see New York first. My boys just "took" to the Anthem more in our research.

I also considered one of the bigger NCL ships because we've cruised one of their smaller ships and liked the line, but the boys were bored with the Pearl.

I'm not going to lie, what tipped it in the end is that we sail in suites and I preferred the Star class to the Haven.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Keep an eye on your cruise planner for iFly and Northstar to appear for reservations. There are a small amount of reservations that will be available online but you will have a chance to make reservations once you board too, if you miss them. The three big shows, The Gift, Spectra's Cabaret and We Will Rock You, all can be reserved in advance too. The puzzle escape room was available to reserve in advance too, but there is an age requirement which I forget if it is 14 or 16.

We just did a 7 day on Oasis out of Canaveral and are booked on the May 31 Anthem sailing. My teens are 15 and 11. While they did not join us on Oasis they were more interested in the Anthem YouTube videos and we all liked the 9 day itinerary with 4 sea days. I was not able to do everything I wanted on Oasis in the 7 days and I almost felt pressure from not getting to do it all. I'm looking forward to a slightly smaller ship and the extra days to see it. The ports on the Anthem are the same as my Oasis cruise but adding Bermuda. I'm Floridian so we're actually excited about the idea of a cooler port and luckily there are direct flights to Newark from Sarasota. We're going up for Memorial Day weekend to see New York first. My boys just "took" to the Anthem more in our research.

I also considered one of the bigger NCL ships because we've cruised one of their smaller ships and liked the line, but the boys were bored with the Pearl.

I'm not going to lie, what tipped it in the end is that we sail in suites and I preferred the Star class to the Haven.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Great info! I’m wondering if my then 13 year old will be able to hang out with the 15 and 16 year olds in the teen clubs? I know they are separated by ages but I didn’t know if there were exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums