San Fran Airport to ship

TorontoTL

I just booked a Mexican Riveria Cruise onboard the Dawn Princess for Jan 29/06. I've never departed from San Francisco and now have to book the flight. How far is it from the Ship terminal to the Airport. If I have to fly to Canada what is the earliest time that would be safe to book a return flight? Would 1210 be safe? I really appreciate your opinion on this as I wouldn't want to book too early a return flight. Air Canada doesn't have anything later than 1210, otherwise I'll have to book something else.

By taxi from SFO to pier 35 should be about 20-30 minutes (non rush hour times) As for leaving, I would not book an international flight before 1pm (not that it isn't possible to make it, but there can be lots of traffic at the port itself and getting a taxi or other transportation can be daunting)

Ed

Ed, thanks for you answer so quickly. I was wondering whether you thought it might be quicker since it would be on a Wednesday that we would have to get to the airport from the port. The flight I was hoping to book was for 1210. Any other flight that I can currently book adds at least 4hrs to the travelling time.

I just booked a Mexican Riveria Cruise onboard the Dawn Princess for Jan 29/06. I've never departed from San Francisco and now have to book the flight. How far is it from the Ship terminal to the Airport. If I have to fly to Canada what is the earliest time that would be safe to book a return flight? Would 1210 be safe? I really appreciate your opinion on this as I wouldn't want to book too early a return flight. Air Canada doesn't have anything later than 1210, otherwise I'll have to book something else.

we took the same flight in Oct we were off the ship and on the bus by 9am .

Plenty of time to go through secuity etc at the airport.

We did "self help" and were first off the ship but you could ask for the "red tag group" which were also on the same bus.

I work at SFO, and in terms of getting to the airport to make your flight, an hour and a half should be sufficient to check in and get through security. There are no self check-in kiosks for Air Canada flights, so time will be spent in line. Security is a short wait, and AC gates are just past security to your left.

As aaero said, there will be traffic at the port, but I don't see any reason why you won't be able to make your flight. Taxi will cost approximately $30-40.

Good luck, have a great time. Try to spend some time in SF before your cruise, if you can. It'll be well worth it!

Thank you everyone for all of your information. I have booked that flight and I'm really looking forward to this relatively last minute cruise. It is last minute for me since i usually book 8 months in advance. I probably won't be able to see much of SF this time, but I was there at a conference a few years ago and got to see alot of it. I love SF and will be back for a cruise day in May on the Sapphire.

We still find it confusing from which terminal the flights to Canada depart? Paw323 -- it may help the posters save time if you are knowledgeable and can post. Thanks. /Sultan

Terminal 1 from SFO for AC

You can check this site for your airline and destination ...click on flight time it will give terminal

http://timetables.oag.com/sfo/default.asp?lang=EN

Archived