specialty dining on epic

akabourek

hi

we were on the getaway last year and the shanghai noodles restaurant did not charge extra to dine there, and i have noticed that on the epic there seems to be a charge - although the most recent info i found on the web on this was 2014, has anyone recently been on the epic and eaten there? we are on the epic this august and my husband loved the noodle dishes, we probably would pay anyways, but it seems like there's less and less dining included in the cruse price.

thanks

Hi Akabourek -

I recently sailed on the Epic out of Port Canaveral (Dec 16-23). My sailmate and I ate at Shanghai and Noodle house twice for dinner on our cruise. We thought the food was really good. There was no extra charge to eat at either place. Noodle House is connected to Shanghai but has a limited menu and the dining seating is a "bar". Noodle House is first come, first served, no reservations, you wait in line for seating. Shanghai is more "sit down" at a table and an extended menu. If you want to eat at Shanghai I suggest you make reservations for seating. The chefs seem to be open to adjusting their menu items. They have chow fun noodles with beef on the menu. I asked if they could change it to just veggies (no beef) and use light soy sauce, they were very accommodating and made the dish this way for me, it was so good that my sailmate ordered this dish the second time we had dinner there. I also thought the calamari appetizer was very tasty too. Make sure you try the desserts on the menu. Chinese five spice chocolate cake was really good with lots of spices (tasted like Christmas!) and their fruit salad with coconut cream was delicious. Have lots of fun on the Epic!

Socagirl1