Voom pricing - Per day or per night?

I will be on a 7 NIGHT cruise and I'm looking into purchasing the the Voom internet package. The price for the package is listed at $15.99 per DAY. My question is, will I be charged for 7 days or 8 days. The cruise is 7 NIGHTS, which means I will be on the ship for for at least part of 8 days. I know I'll have internet access after I board on day one. Will I still have it for those last couple of hours on the morning of departure? Will they charge me for the 8th day? I paid for the package on our Alaska cruise last June but I didn't pay attention to exactly how I was billed for it.

I will be on a 7 NIGHT cruise and I'm looking into purchasing the the Voom internet package. The price for the package is listed at $15.99 per DAY. My question is, will I be charged for 7 days or 8 days. The cruise is 7 NIGHTS, which means I will be on the ship for for at least part of 8 days. I know I'll have internet access after I board on day one. Will I still have it for those last couple of hours on the morning of departure? Will they charge me for the 8th day? I paid for the package on our Alaska cruise last June but I didn't pay attention to exactly how I was billed for it.

You will be charged by the number of nights in the cruise. You will have coverage until you leave the ship.

You will be charged by the number of nights in the cruise. You will have coverage until you leave the ship.

Thanks Bob, that's what I expected. Cruises are priced per night but the add-ons are priced per day. I wasn't sure if that was another way RCI tries to extract a little more money from their guests.

The package gives you 168 hrs (7 x 24 hrs) of internet access.

• 4 months later...

As Bob said.

It is actually from the time you step on the ship and sign in on embarkation day, until you step off the ship on disembarkation day. You will be charged for 7 nights even though you have access to it for more than 7x24 hrs.

The package gives you 168 hrs (7 x 24 hrs) of internet access.

You will be charged for 7 nights even though you have access to it for more than 7x24 hrs.

Not too get into too much detail, but the most you will be able to use it is just under 168 hrs. Even if you board at the earliest time, about 11 AM, you will have to disembark at the latest about 167 hrs later (10 AM). The account itself may work a bit longer than that, but you'll be off the ship.

I was very pleased with the VOOM on The Liberty. I texted sent pics to everyone. For me worth the money.

My Ring Doorbell also had access. I was able to watch my Petsitter let a stranger into my house while at sea.

*** are you doing?

When I got home they were fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was very pleased with the VOOM on The Liberty. I texted sent pics to everyone. For me worth the money.

My Ring Doorbell also had access. I was able to watch my Petsitter let a stranger into my house while at sea.

*** are you doing?

When I got home they were fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you try wi-fi calling at all? I'm nervous that I will try it and get home to a huge bill!

Did you try wi-fi calling at all? I'm nervous that I will try it and get home to a huge bill!

If your phone is in Airplane Mode, it's very difficult to have a large bill. You would have to be making voice calls to countries outside your home calling area to be changed extra.