Choice shore excursion credit

lweber05

I asked the Shore Ex desk this question today and he said the credits are split between both accounts and that we can ask for the credits to be applied how we want on board.

Get the same person on the phone again and get that in writing.

I’m sure he wouldn’t put it in writing, but it wouldn’t matter on board anyway - they do things their own way. I don’t know why this promo is so confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

....they do things their own way....

Surely Customer Services on board do it the way that Shore Excursions on board tell them. Then Shore Excursions on board do it the way that Shore Excursions in Miami tell them. If you had a written confirmation from Shore Excursions in Miami saying that it was to be done in a certain way it would have to be done that way.

....they do things their own way....

Surely Customer Services on board do it the way that Shore Excursions on board tell them. Then Shore Excursions on board do it the way that Shore Excursions in Miami tell them. If you had a written confirmation from Shore Excursions in Miami saying that it was to be done in a certain way it would have to be done that way.

Ha! It is only a 9 day cruise - they would never get that sorted out. I’m just trying to find out how the credits will be applied so we can make the necessary changes to our accounts when we first get on board vs trying to figure it out during a very port intensive cruise.

We too have the two $50 shore excursion promos on our cruise in May. We have booked the shore excursions via the shore excursion desk and the platinum plus discount was applied.

I wondered if you "Reserved" them or actually "Booked and paid" for them? That will further complicate.

We too have the two $50 shore excursion promos on our cruise in May. We have booked the shore excursions via the shore excursion desk and the platinum plus discount was applied.

I wondered if you "Reserved" them or actually "Booked and paid" for them? That will further complicate.

We reserved the excursions - the shore ex desk called it prebooking vs prepaying.

To clarify, in the N. American market, "if we call (well me anyway) to book/pre-book tours, the rep automatically sees the promo for the $50 tour discount and there is no question whether you pay or not, so, it's only a question of whether you "book" a tour or not. I've done it several times and never been charged b/c I have the $50 discount. The rep/csr told me they can see that you have the $50 discount as a perk on your account as soon as they bring up your account.

Hope this clarifies the mechanism of the booking/reserving shore excursions with the $50 per cabin discount.

cheers

When I look at my Ncl both the distinctive and free at sea are attached to passenger one. However if reading the terms and conditions of the perks, they clearly outline the credits as per stateroom.

Haven’t sailed with both these perks but it’s been explained to me by pcc that the $100 will be credited to stateroom after each excursion is completed.

If paid in full in advance then credits are non refundable obc. T&C’s also clearly state they have no cash value. If booking onboard or by calling the shore excursion number, then the amount is charged to stateroom after each excursion and then the $100 deduction. On a port intensive sailing with $100 credit, best to pay onboard to avoid any mass of non refundable obc.

If both people took a $50 excursion in each port then there should be zero bill.

My understanding is also that the list price is discounted with latitudes discount and then the credits applied. Sounds like the latitudes discount is a little more seamless if booking made after a certain date sometime last year.

Sounds like the latitudes discount is a little more seamless if booking made after a certain date sometime last year.

After February 3rd (?) 2017 automatic; if before see Shore Excursions on Board. Simple; we had to do it for cruises late in 2017.

Haven’t sailed with both these perks but it’s been explained to me by pcc that the $100 will be credited to stateroom after each excursion is completed.

The problem we are all having is that the $50 + $50 is very recent and so no one really know what the situation will be especially if there are two people with independent folios in the same cabin.

There is also some confusion as to whether the refund for those who prepaid will be refundable or non-refundable OBC. The T&Cs have it that way (non) but some people have been told the other.

It would be very useful if people who prepaid will come on here and advise. I have made inquiries on a Roll Call of a cruise I should have been on so am hopeful!!

Edited by casofilia

The problem we are all having is that the $50 + $50 is very recent and so no one really know what the situation will be especially if there are two people with independent folios in the same cabin.

There is also some confusion as to whether the refund for those who prepaid will be refundable or non-refundable OBC. The T&Cs have it that way (non) but some people have been told the other.

It would be very useful if people who prepaid will come on here and advise.

I think the independent folio might have a little harder time. I’m sure folks have separate folios but not as often.

Although this isn’t first hand experience, I do know someone who was able to get the $100/port plus latitude discount. Some excursions they took only cost a couple $ after all the discounts applied. (One folio for the stateroom though)

I know folks are reporting that they are going to get refundable obc for payment in advance but that’s a little risky just because t&c’s clearly contradicts this. Will be interesting to see if they are successful. I’d be more inclined to purchase refundable obc if I didn’t want a big bill at the end of vacation.

The t&c’s Also say combinability with other offers is subject to change at any time so in theory all could possibly be something very different by sailing date. The cruiselines contracts and t&c are the standard comical anything and everything can change at anytime. But I think NCL has been pretty good honoring perks as they were when booked vs what they were changed to by sail dates. There was a while when perk t&c were changing all the time but every time we’ve sailed we’ve had the t&c’s at booking honored in our favor.

• 1 year later...

This is an old topic but I have a cruise this weekend with the two shore excursion promos discussed here so I wanted to see how this worked out for those who had it? Ordinarily my grandmother and I share a cabin but each pay separately. If I could get the entire $100 by using the same card for the entire cabin, I'd happily do that!