Fall 2018 Canada/New England

prestodiner

We are seriously considering the October 2018 New England/Canada HAL departing from NYC. Wondering what types of shore excursions previous cruisers liked/disliked. Not into Anne of Green Gables, which I see in lots of reviews, but I'm sure there is so much more. Any ideas for sightseeing or dining?

We sailed many times, b-to-b from Boston to montreal and back and love that itinerary. I didn't much care about Anne of Green Gables b ut really enjoyed a tour of Halifax which included, an overview of this really fun ccity. a visit to maritime museum and cemetery where many fromT itanic are buried A cemetery doesn 't sound like much fun but if you have as good a gguide as we did, theymade it very interesting. I got a real feel for how diverse the population of Halifax and had no idea that was the case. Where the ship docks is great for walking down the board walk to have a delicious lobvser lunch.

In Bar HaRBOR a tour of Acadia Nattional Park is beautiful,

in Charlottetown, have mussels for lunch ,, they are about the best anywhere..

Which shi p are you sailing?

We took this cruise several years ago in the reverse direction from Montreal to Boston. We still talk about it being one of our best cruises. A walking tour of Quebec City stands out as a must do. Curiously there was a group dressed and acting as the “walking dead” in the old city. Quite interesting. Several other ports we walked off the ship and toured the local area (Sydney and Bar Harbor).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charlottetown, BarHabor, Halifax and !Q uebec City are all very walkable from either where the ship docks or tthe tender drops us in Bar Harbor. Not that much to see and do walking from ship in Sydne y though we did like the market.

We did a New England Montreal to Miami last year,not on HAL.

We had rented cars thru Costco for many of the cities, Halifax, Bar Harbor etc. worked out great.

Quebec City, Boston, Charleston easy to get around. ITS A GREAT TRIP

We sailed Zuiderdam Quebec to New York in October. A great itinerary - Quebec City is worth several days, so it is an ideal embarkation port - the call parts: Charlottetown, Sydney, Halfax, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport all offered tours or great on-your-own walk-abouts. Finishing in NY was ideal as we were about an hour's drive from home.

I am also looking at the August 2018 Boston to Montreal.

The only flight out we can get is at 4:40PM.

There is a 10AM but I am afraid this cuts it too close.

For anyone who has gone this route do you know if they offer shore excursions in Montreal where the bring your luggage on the tour with you and then bring you to the airport?

For anyone who has gone this route do you know if they offer shore excursions in Montreal where the bring your luggage on the tour with you and then bring you to the airport?

Yes they do, we've done it. https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ExcursionDetails.action?excursionCode=4577&portCode=YUL&destCode=N&requestSource=shoreExcursions

Viator, which I have used satisfactorily elsewhere, also offers such a pre-airport tour. They are affiliated to Trip Advisor and therefore Cruise Critic so I guess it is ok to put the link here:

Viator Montreal Shore Excursions