Volendam 8-23-06 Alaska CC group cruise

Budget Queen

BQ - We did this last May on the Volendam for our 5th Alaskan cruise. You've selected a wonderful ship & itinerary - as I would expect from one with your experience. While we've loved all of our Alaskan cruises, this was our favorite itinerary. Sorry we can't join you, but we're sailing with RevNeal's group to Hawaii in October.

You should change the picture of the type of ship that is going to be on this cruise on your CC group page... that is a "Vista Class" ship you have shown.

I did not set this up. The ship was noted a few months ago and it hasn't been changed.

Could someone please tell me the difference between Vista type ships, S-class and R-class. Does it have to do only with size?

Basicly, yes, size is the biggest difference.

S-class is the smallest, followed by R-class, then Vista. (Prinsendam is one-of-a-kind and the smallest of all.)

The S-class and R-class ships are virtually identical in lay-out, so that once you know your way around one of them you know your way around all. The Vista's have a different lay-out from those other classes.

Basicly, yes, size is the biggest difference.

S-class is the smallest, followed by R-class, then Vista. (Prinsendam is one-of-a-kind and the smallest of all.)

The S-class and R-class ships are virtually identical in lay-out, so that once you know your way around one of them you know your way around all. The Vista's have a different lay-out from those other classes.

How many passengers for each class?

How many passengers for each class?

Prinsendam---793

S-class---1258

R-class---varies. Rotterdam:1316; Amsterdam:1380; Volendam & Zaandam:1432

Vista class---1440. The Noordam wil have more passengers, but I don't know the count.

Prinsendam---793

S-class---1258

R-class---varies. Rotterdam:1316; Amsterdam:1380; Volendam & Zaandam:1432

Vista class---1440. The Noordam wil have more passengers, but I don't know the count.

thanks so much! You are a wealth of information!

Archived