MSC Seaside MDR question

hihosilvers

Not confirmed but it seems that Bella cabin guests and some Fantastica guests are seated in the Marketplace in the evenings.

I know that I posted earlier about usually eating in the buffet, BUT I made the decision to pay Fantastica prices instead of Bella prices so I will/should be the one to decide where I eat. To put it bluntly "H*** will freeze over" before I will eat at buffet if I am TOLD that I and my family (who I repeat paid Fantastica prices) are to eat in the buffet.

Now if MSC wants to give everyone in my family several hundred dollars each in OBC (what I figure I paid in excess for the "pleasure of eating in the MDR") perhaps I would consider it....THAT though is the only way.

I know that I posted earlier about usually eating in the buffet, BUT I made the decision to pay Fantastica prices instead of Bella prices so I will/should be the one to decide where I eat. To put it bluntly "H*** will freeze over" before I will eat at buffet if I am TOLD that I and my family (who I repeat paid Fantastica prices) are to eat in the buffet.

Now if MSC wants to give everyone in my family several hundred dollars each in OBC (what I figure I paid in excess for the "pleasure of eating in the MDR") perhaps I would consider it....THAT though is the only way.

Ok maybe not quite that determined but if we're assigned to the buffet we'll definitely be asking the maitre'd to change us even if it means switching to another time. However we'd just switch to room service instead. Bad enough my so-called suite is no larger than a regular balcony room and has less balcony. However looking at this copy of one of the Dailies so kindly posted by seaweeyin it appears if they stick to the time we've selected which is posted in our account, we'll be dining in the Ipenema so fingers crossed that won't be an issue.

Just a heads up to everyone I've also had it confirmed by someone currently on board be sure to confirm your dining time at the MDR desk prior to 5:00 PM on boarding day after seeing multiple reviews stating the times listed on the MSC for ME app, the boards in the ship, and on cruise cards often don't agree with each other and often all of them are wrong. My friend on board now and someone I knew on the Christmas cruise both ended up with dining times that didn't agree with what they were given before boarding, what was on the app, or what was on their cruise cards. In the case of my friend on the Christmas cruise they ended up in the buffet the first night because of this.

The buffet is converted to a main dining room for dinner service. The ambiance may be a bit lacking from reports on these boards, at least compared to the actual main dining rooms, but the menu is the MDR menu.

It also sounds like you can request to be reseated in the MDR if you are put in the "3rd" dining room. Though your dining time might be less than ideal in that case.

Confused about the MDR situation. I understand there are two main dining rooms - one on 5, and one on 6. I've also heard that the main buffet on 8 is converted to a dining room in the evening. So who sits in that room? Seems weird.

Bella

I am new to MSC and booked an Aurea suite. Is all dining assigned? And when will we be informed of where we will eat? Is it all MDR food anyway?

I believe all aurea and wellness get my choice dining.. located deck 5, left side of seashore dining....

We were in an Aurea S3 extended balcony suite and really enjoyed having My Choice Dining. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a table for 2. The suite is definitely on the smaller side, really just a regular balcony cabin with a heavenly extra large balcony, I think our balcony was bigger than our suite! Logged lots of hours sitting and lounging on the balcony. The bathroom and closets are very small.

platoo0001 ... We originally had one of those for the Xmas sailing, so glad we switched to the Aft Aurea Suite, MSC have a damned cheek classing those on 9 as a Suite when the cabin is just the same as a Fantastica balcony cabin.

If you book again be sure to try and get on of the Aft Suites.