Italy and Montenegro?

lbeck

I couldn't find a sub-forum addressing Montenegro. My wife and I have been on several cruises - Princess is favorite but we're not exclusive to this.

My son recently returned from Montenegro with some great pictures. I'm looking for natural beauty and would like some excursions for some short hikes. Montenegro appears to be quite hilly and there appear to be some great vistas for those of us willing to climb a little.

I'm not much for southern Italy but my wife is. Northern Italy appears to be more scenic. Never been to Greece so that would be a plus also.

Looking for maybe a 14 day cruise or thereabouts (I'm retired).

Well - trying not to make this too long. We may just plan ahead and do car rentals and such, but the cruise option is enticing.

You are already starting to think outside the box, but you need to take it further. You have a number of possibilities. If you google 'small ship cruises in Adriatic' you may get a number of companies that will take you to out of the way ports (for a price). But there are also a ton of fast ferries that ply the Med/Adriatic/Aegean...and you could take one to Kotor, stay a few days, take another to Dubrovnik, Bari, Ravenna... Go to marinetraffic.com and click on the ports option in the menu. Then type in one that is of interest. You will notice dotted lines from the port going different directions. These are ferry routes. They usually leave port in early evening and sail overnight. They have basic accommodations. Might involve traveling light, but also no need to dress up...EM