Is this subject to the $100 Non-refundabe Fee?

This was taken from the Royal Website FAQ section of the non refundable deposit flyer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

23. If one of my clients opts to cancel, reducing a booking from quad occupancy to double, how is thenonrefundable deposit handled?Reductions in the original occupancy will result in the deposits from the third and fourth guest being put toward theoutstanding balance of the cruise fare for guest one and two. All deposits are non-refundable, thus the cancelled guestis subject to the terms of a nonrefundable deposit fare. Booked guests can change the names free of charge and are notsubject to a change fee.

I am booking the RFS for a December Cruise. My one daughter will be attending a graduate school TBD and am unsure of her last day of classes. I want to make sure the cruise doesn't get sold out, so I want to add her now. In the past, I was able to get the 3/4 passenger rate back if we cancelled.

I understand the part that says her deposit will go towards the balance, but then says "the cancelled guest is subject to the terms of a nonrefundable deposit fare". Does that mean that the full balance without a 100 change fee go toward the balance?

Does anyone have any experience with this scenario?

I take it to read the entire deposit from a cancelled 3/4 guest will go towards the cruise fare of the remaining guests. I don't see a change fee, because there was no change, only a cancel.

I take it to read the entire deposit from a cancelled 3/4 guest will go towards the cruise fare of the remaining guests. I don't see a change fee, because there was no change, only a cancel.

That’s how it sounds to me too, but I also agree that the wording is very confusing since it mentions being subject to the non-refundable rules. Maybe that means they will take $100 from the cancelled passengers, but then apply the other $150 to the balance instead of giving it to those passengers in the form of a future cruise credit.

I would avoid this 100% of the time by not booking non-refundable. Especially in cases where you know there might be need for a change or cancellation. The worry and confusion isn’t worth the $$ savings to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately since these are suites there is not an option for refundable.

I called rc and the person could not answer the question. I called my ta and they could not answer and they called rc who could not answer. My ta said they would get back to me.

Unfortunately since these are suites there is not an option for refundable.

I called rc and the person could not answer the question. I called my ta and they could not answer and they called rc who could not answer. My ta said they would get back to me.

Ah, that’s a bummer :( Also frustrating that Royal can’t even answer the question.

I think the wording of this policy is one of the most confusing ever written and the person interpreting the attorney's (of course this was sent to legal before becoming a policy) didn't understand anything.

Having said the above, I feel the balance of the deposit, LESS the $100 or whatever part is non-refundable will be applied to the balance of the cruise if the 3rd or 4th guest are canceling. It makes absolutely no sense to me as, I believe, a cancellation is a cancellation--First, second, third or fourth passenger etc. so it should have been the policy applies to anyone/everyone.

I know it's an advantage to those who have more than 2 in a cabin, but Royal has always treated the cancellation of above two in a cabin differently. JMO.