New to Carnival

shelnj18

While we are seasoned cruisers, we have never cruised on Carnival. Considering an August cruise on Triumph out of New Orleans. Looking for any feedback on the ship, itinerary and things to do in New Orleans. Thanks in advance. Shelly

Edited by shelnj18

I suggest going to Cafe DuMond for a beignet or two. Their coffee is chickory though so be prepared. Also a must try is the muffuletta sandwich. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffuletta Order only a half though. They are huge.

For real excitement, take a walk on Bourbon Street at night. They block the street off at night and it becomes one huge party. Be prepared to see some things that you really didn't expect though.

Edited by RWolver672

While we are seasoned cruisers, we have never cruised on Carnival. Considering an August cruise on Triumph out of New Orleans. Looking for any feedback on the ship, itinerary and things to do in New Orleans. Thanks in advance. Shelly

We sailed theTriumph last February. I have cruised Carnival 16 times and I can say that the Triumph is not a good barometer of Carnival overall. The ship was not in good shape, the service was mediocre, and I recently read they had a poor CDC inspection. So as a seasoned Carnival cruiser, I must say beware. The Dream sails from NOLA as well and I would be inclined to says it's a much better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are frequent Carnival cruisers.

We love New Orleans. We enjoyed the ports on our Triumph cruise last year BUT the ship was my least favorite of any we have sailed. It was completely disorganized and the lines at the buffet were the most ridiculous I have ever seen. I would try a different ship to get the best impression of Carnival cruise line.

We were on the Triumph last year and the only thing that stops us from sailing her again is that it's only a 4 or 5 night cruise. We drive so it's silly to drive a long distance for a short cruise. As far as it failing it's last inspection, that wouldn't concern me. It's going to be the cleanest ship in the fleet. Failing isn't the same number we're used to. The number was like 78 or something. People complain about a smell. We didn't notice it at all. I truly think some people let the power of suggestion ruin their cruise. The Triumph had an issue several years ago and it was labeled the "poop cruise" so now people say it's smelly. If the itinerary is something that fits your schedule, and desires and the price fits your budget I say go for it. In my opinion if you tell yourself you're going to have a good time you will.