Suite guarantee

Good morning, I just upgraded my Valor cruise from a balcony to a suite guarantee. Has anyone booked a suite guarantee before and which cabin did you get?? When i did a mock booking, the suites on 9 didnt show up (i guess they are booked.) NOW that I am looking at the deck plan, I can see them and they don' look private with the Cpt. Suite overlooking them. If we get one of those, I will pay to upgrade to the Ocean Suite.

Good morning, I just upgraded my Valor cruise from a balcony to a suite guarantee. Has anyone booked a suite guarantee before and which cabin did you get?? When i did a mock booking, the suites on 9 didnt show up (i guess they are booked.) NOW that I am looking at the deck plan, I can see them and they don' look private with the Cpt. Suite overlooking them. If we get one of those, I will pay to upgrade to the Ocean Suite.

You are talking about the junior suites. We had one booked on the Glory for our cruise in April, but just switched to an Ocean Suite because of the direct line of sight into the balcony/cabin from the Captain's Suite.

You are talking about the junior suites. We had one booked on the Glory for our cruise in April, but just switched to an Ocean Suite because of the direct line of sight into the balcony/cabin from the Captain's Suite.

Yes the junior suites. Not sure why a room that is a "suite" would have a very unprivate balcony. Oh well, I got a great rate and can just hope for a suite on deck 7.

I did a suite gty once. Found out that on the Pride you can end up with a suite that has a stairwell that runs right along one side of your balcony. Not only was the balcony no bigger than a regular balcony, it had less privacy and we were unable to leave our curtains open by the bed as anyone using the stairs could look right in. The room was large and I really liked having a little vanity area by the bathroom. Overall, I was disappointed enough that I have not & probably will not book a suite again. I read about so many people getting lucky with their guarantees and hope you are among them.

I did a suite gty once. Found out that on the Pride you can end up with a suite that has a stairwell that runs right along one side of your balcony. Not only was the balcony no bigger than a regular balcony' date=' it had less privacy and we were unable to leave our curtains open by the bed as anyone using the stairs could look right in. The room was large and I really liked having a little vanity area by the bathroom. Overall, I was disappointed enough that I have not & probably will not book a suite again. I read about so many people getting lucky with their guarantees and hope you are among them.[/quote']

Luckily, it doesn' appear that any suites are near a staircase. Not sure why a room labeled a suite would have that kind of placement.

Yes the junior suites. Not sure why a room that is a "suite" would have a very unprivate balcony. Oh well, I got a great rate and can just hope for a suite on deck 7.

As mentioned, junior suites in the Valor are forward right behind the CS. The balcony does look out on an angle to the CS but no more so than others in the long line down the ship. I was unsure if your privacy comment was in regards to the JS balcony or the CS. In either case (we have stayed both) I don’t think of it as a privacy concern. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did a suite gty once. Found out that on the Pride you can end up with a suite that has a stairwell that runs right along one side of your balcony. Not only was the balcony no bigger than a regular balcony' date=' it had less privacy and we were unable to leave our curtains open by the bed as anyone using the stairs could look right in. The room was large and I really liked having a little vanity area by the bathroom. Overall, I was disappointed enough that I have not & probably will not book a suite again. I read about so many people getting lucky with their guarantees and hope you are among them.[/quote']

The vast majority of suites would not have that as an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums