What drink package sale?

I'm on the Independence in May for 3 nights and purchased the drinks package for £38 it is now showing £55 ($77) how can RCCL justify such a price hike?

They don't need to justify, they are just charging what they think he market will bear. If they feel they need more sales than that higher price point will allow, they will lower the price again.

I'm on the Independence in May for 3 nights and purchased the drinks package for £38 it is now showing £55 ($77) how can RCCL justify such a price hike?

It is all about supply and demand. That seems high overall, but then when they do a sale, people see a huge drop and jump on it. If they are on track on a particular sailing to sell a certain amount of packages, then they raise the price, sales slow down - sale.

I bought my package when there was a supposed "sale". I purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package + Voom. It's $55 a day + 18% gratuity. I don't think that's such a bad price considering I also got Voom. Though I would LOVE to see $41 a day! :')

I bought my package when there was a supposed "sale". I purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package + Voom. It's $55 a day + 18% gratuity. I don't think that's such a bad price considering I also got Voom. Though I would LOVE to see $41 a day! :')

you basically are sgetting the $41 per day for the drinks and only $14 for voom.

thats what i paid for next cuise on liberty

Get ready for sticker shock, folks.

Coming on the heels of the Oasis "experiment" of raising the price of Johnny Rockets to $9.95, and maybe another two dollars, and several ships offering a "premium experience" of their Broadway show for $79, here come new prices on individual drinks.

My friend who does not drink decided that she would treat herself to one for sailaway yesterday on the Anthem.

She got a drink that many of us get in the Diamond/Concierge Lounge "for free", a chocolate martini.

Wanna guess the price?

SIXTEEN DOLLARS plus gratuity.

SIXTEEN.

Our was offering bogo 50% (45/pp Grat)+ 18% it just changed to 20% but our cruise isn't until December, and we have black friday in there, so we just watch and see what till come up. Our drink packagges didn't start showing until last November/December.

Get ready for sticker shock, folks.

Coming on the heels of the Oasis "experiment" of raising the price of Johnny Rockets to $9.95, and maybe another two dollars, and several ships offering a "premium experience" of their Broadway show for $79, here come new prices on individual drinks.

My friend who does not drink decided that she would treat herself to one for sailaway yesterday on the Anthem.

She got a drink that many of us get in the Diamond/Concierge Lounge "for free", a chocolate martini.

Wanna guess the price?

SIXTEEN DOLLARS plus gratuity.

SIXTEEN.

Wow, that’s just ridiculous. But people will pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I am sailing on oasis in April and got an email today stating a buy one get 50% off deluxe drink package and thought oh awesome...come to find out it was only 50$ cheaper then it was with no sale what kind of scam is this ? 45$ per day plus gratuity seems kinda cheap from what I’ve been reading but where is the math of 50% off coming from?

Yes I am sailing on oasis in April and got an email today stating a buy one get 50% off deluxe drink package and thought oh awesome...come to find out it was only 50$ cheaper then it was with no sale what kind of scam is this ? 45$ per day plus gratuity seems kinda cheap from what I’ve been reading but where is the math of 50% off coming from?

Royal pulls those "percent off" numbers out from you know where.

The % off really does not matter, it is only they price you will pay that matters. It is pretty much always 20, 25 or 30% of the at sea price. The BOGOHO sale instead of doing what it says, simply puts it at 25% (the equivalent of buy one at full price, get the second at half off). On Oasis class ships, $45 seems to be the cheapest. For our Allure sailing, we skipped the $45 that it was for quite some time, then it went up to $50 (at 20% off), and then has gone down to $47 twice, but has not made it back to $45.

Bottom line, if it makes sense to you to buy it at $45, do it. In the unlikely event it goes lower, then you can cancel and rebook at the lower price. Onboard it will probably be close to $60 give or take a couple.

Has anyone tried calling them and see if you can get the 20% off discount? I may try it this evening and see if it does any good!

If you are not seeing it, then it is probably not on your sailing. What do you see on your cruise planner?

Navigator 5 day over New Years the best we got was $46/day + grats. However they did offer drinks + Voom for $54/day + grats, with the grats only calculated (roughly) on the $46 amount. Came to $309.77 for 5 days.

The also offered refreshment + Voom for $17.99/day + grats.

On day 3 they offered a 10 drink card in the Compass for $88.50 + grats.

I have now read so many threads/replies/comments on here that have a varied price that I can only assume that there is no method to the madness.

For the Sept 15 Harmony cruise, Deluxe is down to $45/day (was $48), Deluxe + Voom down to $57/day (was $59), and of course the big one is Refreshment Package down to $18/day. I re-booked our Deluxe + Voom. I learned my lesson not to wait anymore. Now I feel a bit better with this sale!

I grabbed the drink package at $43 a day during the cyber monday sale for Harmony on 5/12/18. Ever since then they've had various iterations of sales and its fluctuated between $45 and $48. Early on, prior to any of the sales the package was priced at $55.

Right now, for my 9 night Grandeur cruise in April, the ultimate drink package is $39/person/day. I've never seen it this low. Unfortunately, I don't drink so this sale is lost on me.

But wait, there's more. For my 9 night cruise with my wife in November on the Navigator..its $45/person/day.

Prices dropped in the last few hours on my upcoming Vision sailing. $50 for DX. Though when I say dropped I mean it went up few days ago but is back down again.The 'on board' price has been steady at $62.50, with the discount bouncing between 15% and 20% off. Reports from those currently on the ship are an on board price of $68.