Private driver?

crzycick

My personal opinion - no for a big reason. There is nothing really there in Belize City to spend a day visiting, and all the other stuff is farther away and better to do by excursion. I would recommend they do an excursion, lots and lots to choose from, and get out of Belize City. It is a wonderful country, one of my favorite ports, but I really don't think Belize City has anything worth a private driver.

I did a lot of research on this myself. We're going with Rony in Roatan and was looking for someone in Belize. We ended up booking with King David Castillo. He's ranked #2 out of 400 and has a 5" review on TripAdvisor. He's been very good with communications and we've been happy in talking with him. Haven't used him yet but will be in May.

It’s interesting to note that at one time Belize City was the capital of Belize. It was relocated to Belmopan after a couple of hurricanes wiped the city out. After the commerce associated with any national capital was gone Belize City went downhill fast and has never recovered. Pretty much everything of interest to a visitor in inland.

• 3 weeks later...
What would a driver cost for a day (give or take), and where do you find them?

King David is $85/pp for a private driver with his company for the whole day. That also includes lunch. You can find any tour operators through TripAdvisor or doing just what you did, asking here. You can also ask on your social media roll call who other people are taking.