Alaska Cruise--Better side of ship?

DreadPirateWestley

1st post ever...let's make it good!

The Mrs. and I (Buttercup and Westley--ok, not our real names!) are taking an Alaskan cruise for our 15th wedding anniversary. I did a lot of research to decide on a Celebrity Summit cruise from Vancouver to Seward (1 way). We got a Concierge Class cabin on the port side of the ship. Given we're going north and land is on the starboard side will we miss out on anything as we sail through Inside Passage and Hubbard Glacier? Or does the ship turn? or will we see stuff out the port side as well (other than ocean)?

You will see scenery off the port side, but it is islands, not the mainland. Not that it isn't gorgeous in its own right, but most people prefer the starboard side to see the bigger view. For glacier viewing, you do get both sides, just depends on the time of the day as to what you are seeing. Wildlife will be seen from both sides, and remember that you can always stroll around on one of the top decks in particularly pretty areas to make it easy to see both sides. (That's what Inigo and Fezzick do)

I've cruised to Alaska three times, including twice on Celebrity. I really wouldn't worry about which side you are on. In terms of Hubbard Glacier, your best bet for viewing this beautiful glacier is to go on deck as it will offer the best views and it is fun to be with others during this special day. You picked a wonderful ship and cruise line for this cruise. Enjoy.

Keith

Appreciate the quick and useful feedback. Given we'll be in a CC cabin, my ideas are we'll wake up in the mornings, have our breakfast on our veranda watching the scenery roll on by. We'll move on deck in the late morning/afternoon when at Hubbard Glacier. Of course, it is our 15th anniversary and maybe I'll get lucky and we won't be looking at the Alaskan beauty.

Archived