Anthem: What is Coastal Kitchen, do they have access for bkfast, lunch and dinner?

cruza

Hi. I have sailed on Royal before, but never in a suite that had perks. We are planning to book GS with Star ?? perks.What is Coastal Kitchen, do they have access for bkfast, lunch and dinner? I am wondering what perks they have on Anthem. Thank you for your help!!

Mike

Coastal Kitchen is kind of a small restaurant for suites. The menu is different than the MDR, and many (including us) think the preparations are better. And small relative to the main dining room- it's similar in size to most of the specialty restaurants.

Access is limited to dinner only for Junior Suites.

For GS and up, there is breakfast, lunch, and dinner available.

It's a great perk to have.

Other GS perks are the same as on other ships- access to the concierge lounge, some reserved seats at shows, priority disembarkation, etc.

Coastal Kitchen is a restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner for suite guests and Pinnacle Club C&A members. They also allow JS guests dinner access only, but that might be on a space available basis. Different menu for dinner evey night.

How does a JS guest book CK for dinner (pre cruise)? It's not showing up as an option in my cruise planner under dining, although the specialty restaurants are. TIA

You may not be able to reserve until you are on board.

Hi. I have sailed on Royal before, but never in a suite that had perks. We are planning to book GS with Star ?? perks.What is Coastal Kitchen, do they have access for bkfast, lunch and dinner? I am wondering what perks they have on Anthem. Thank you for your help!!

Mike

In addition to the information already given here, I will tell you some more good news.

CK is open for lunch on embarkation day and for breakfast on disembarkation day. :)

Not the answer I wanted, but not surprised either.

We sailed over T-giving without CK reservations, and we made them very easily when we got on board. The reservation desk is just outside the restaurant.

(which is very unlike Harmony, who we could not even talk to anyone, since we could not get inside where the desk was)

We sailed over T-giving without CK reservations, and we made them very easily when we got on board. The reservation desk is just outside the restaurant.

(which is very unlike Harmony, who we could not even talk to anyone, since we could not get inside where the desk was)

Were you "only" in a JS too? Good to know, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does a JS guest book CK for dinner (pre cruise)? It's not showing up as an option in my cruise planner under dining, although the specialty restaurants are. TIA

We have a GS and the option to pre book CK is not an in our cruise planner also. We are at 60 days before our cruise and I think that option would of been in the cruise planner by now. We plan to book our dinners when we get on the ship.

On the Ovation on our Singapore to China sailing, we were booked in a sea class suite (AKA Jr Suite) and we were able to book the CK on the cruise planner before the sailing with no problem.

It is interesting how sometimes you can do something and sometimes you can't.

JC

On the Ovation on our Singapore to China sailing, we were booked in a sea class suite (AKA Jr Suite) and we were able to book the CK on the cruise planner before the sailing with no problem.

It is interesting how sometimes you can do something and sometimes you can't.

JC

Its hit or miss. We are on the FEB 9th sailing on Anthem and about 6 weeks ago the CK reservations popped up. I booked the dates we wanted and about 6 days later the option to reserve was gone and has not been seen since.

Puzzle room has never shown up and we are 30 days out. Not sure if reservations for other shows (comedy, headliner...) eventually show up but those have yet to show up either. Booked all other shows, Ifly, and north star.

You may not be able to reserve until you are on board.

I went to the concierge in the CL the first night got time we wanted, after dinner we went to the Coastal Kitchen host and set up the time for the rest of the week problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could someone tell me where the CK is located? It's my first time on Royal Caribbean and I don't know my way around. Sailing in February. Thanks,

Candace

On Anthem it’s next to Windjammer.

Or, to be more specific, Deck 14 aft starboard.

:)

I am trying to be a Pinnacle just so I can go to the coastal kitchen. Maybe when I am 80, I will make it.:evilsmile:

While on the cruise we had no problems getting into the CK any time we wanted when we didn't have a reservation. I avoid formal nights and we had a bonus 3rd formal night on the Ovation, and I went to the CK maitre d' and they acted like it was going to be a problem, but they acted like we will let you in because we really like you. We showed up it was less than 3/4 full. Ahhh... marketing or was that BS....

JC

• 5 weeks later...