Transporting Luggage to QM" in Singapore

dellalready

Hi everyone. Has anyone used a luggage company to transport their cases to the Cruise ship. We are doing a 7 day tour of Vietnam and Cambodia before joining QM2 in Singapore cruisng back to Southampton. . Cunard White Star service want £600 per case from the UK to Singapore! anyone any other recommendations please.... we are both in our 60's and I really dont want to transport all the luggage for our cruise around Vietnam and Cambodia as we have 3 flights during the 7 day trip alone!

Ask on the Asia forum of cruise critic or trip advisor. You get more long distance travelers there.

What we have done in the past was choosing a hotel that would let us store our luggage until we return. Of course, that would only work if you started your one week side trip in Singapore.

Pack light, it’s amazing what you can do without when you have to lug it around. One medium case on wheels. Clothing items that mix and match. Or not, who cares, no one knows you or is interested in what you wear. Take a light long sleeved shirt to scrunch up in your day pack and use for temples to cover shoulders.

I did a 54 night cruise followed by 3 weeks in England with one case. Came home and wondered why I need all those other clothes in my wardrobe. Lol.

It is doable and with one case you can manage it, I am in my late 60’s and have dodgy knee and shoulder.

Spend the £600 on something better.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We really appreciate your view. Sure it could work my worry is the need for formal dinner clothes on QM2 . I don’t really want to lug dinner suits and evening dresses around when We will not need them until we board. I am sure we will come up with a plan. Thanks again