Anyone have a bad experience at David's Steakhouse?

While on the Pride a few years ago we dined at David's Steak house and were very disappointed. Our service was slow, unfriendly and not what we are used to on a Carnival ship, the food was below average and the noise from the floors beneath us was was very loud. It was not a fine dining experience by any means and totally not worth the extra money. We have not tried a Steakhouse/Specialty restaurant since. Did anyone else have this happen? Should we try again? I hate to spend the money if it does happen alot. We are cursing on the Pride again in a few weeks. Thanks for any input!

I had a great experience in October when my wife and I were aboard the Pride. Service and food were great, so much so we are excited to go again in March when we are aboard again. Maybe we enjoyed it so much since we don't often get the chance to enjoy fine dining as often as we would like.

I, like another poster, have been on the Pride at least a half dozen times and never had an experience like yours. Same thing on multiple other Carnival ships - always top notch.

Perhaps try not cursing and you might have a different experience. :D

Kidding aside, I think you had a one-off bad service and should try again. Happy sailing!

We've eaten at David's 3 times. Only disappointment was one time they wouldn't let us bring our leftover cheesecake to the cabin where we had done it in the past. For those who don't know it's a huge piece of cheesecake. And sad to say, I've seen the new steakhouse menus and it's gone<|3

We’ve eaten at steakhouses on nearly all ships that have them and have actually found David’s on the Pride to be one of our favorites! I’d say that you probably just caught them on a bad night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been on the Pride 7 times, and visit David's at least once each time, usually wind up going twice.

Never had an experience like you described, so hopefully it was just an "off" night.

Go and enjoy!