Website - Had to Re-Enter Date

cltnccruisers

Did as much check-in for our March cruise a few weeks ago. Today I went in to print our Xpress Pass and found that several data items had to be re-entered or edited. The period accepted in our street address, for example, was no longer valid and had to be removed. There were a few other minor things but the big thing is that our passport data was missing. I'll check again in a few days but I'm pretty sure there were some "improvements" made to the site since I first checked in. Having been in IT since 1979 my prime suspect is the new code.

"Date" in thread title should be "Data" - sorry.

Edited by cltnccruisers

Good luck. The website is still a mess almost a year after its launch. I'd suggest just clicking on Check In on the upper right corner of the home page and manually entering all the info again. Then, when you've completed all of the steps, print your Xpress pass.

Good luck. The website is still a mess almost a year after its launch. I'd suggest just clicking on Check In on the upper right corner of the home page and manually entering all the info again. Then, when you've completed all of the steps, print your Xpress pass.

I did print the Xpress Pass the first time and it has all the correct data. But when I when back in today some of the data online was missing. I've never been a web developer but in my 39 years in the industry I've been a programmer, SA, DBA, CISA and network analyst. I can honestly say that this is one of the most poorly designed and least intuitive websites I've ever come across.

The same thing happened with our cruise last month. I did the check in the day it became available, anticipating that it wouldn't work. Surprisingly, I got to the end and printed the Xpress pass. About 45 days later I went back in to check for luggage tag availability and the info was missing. I called X several times to check and aas assured that if I had the Xpress pass I shouldn't worry about it. Thankfully, they were correct and the printed Xpress pass was the one I used at embarkation without problem. The website continues to have uncorrected problems and it is baffling that after almost a year known problems remain in-corrected. I would have expected by now the inept would have been replaced with IT folks capable of solving the problems.

The same thing happened with our cruise last month. I did the check in the day it became available, anticipating that it wouldn't work. Surprisingly, I got to the end and printed the Xpress pass. About 45 days later I went back in to check for luggage tag availability and the info was missing. I called X several times to check and aas assured that if I had the Xpress pass I shouldn't worry about it. Thankfully, they were correct and the printed Xpress pass was the one I used at embarkation without problem. The website continues to have uncorrected problems and it is baffling that after almost a year known problems remain in-corrected. I would have expected by now the inept would have been replaced with IT folks capable of solving the problems.

A little paranoia can be a good thing.