Renegade Puffers [Smokers] on Ships

hvbaskey

Yes I do as most of us on this forum know that. But I believe it's not in the best interest to encourage others to engage in some sort of cruise rage either. That's all I was saying.

Most of the time you're right. Once in awhile, though, public shaming does need to be done.

travlr21 were these college kids or putative adults? Thanks for the warning! I’ll definitely place Holiday cruises just below spring break cruises on our “Avoid List”. And thank you for the recommendation. DH and I have been extremely interested in the South American itinerary, so we’ll look for a sailing less frequented by drunken, inconsiderate louts.

Worst pax we ever saw was on the Regal Princess during a B2B. The first week was Super Bowl week & the pax were totally disgusting overall. at the end of the week the Carolina Panther fans were gone & the cruise was dramatically better.

Well, now I’m certainly reconsidering that South American cruise! First question is why did it take TEN days of this for Celebrity to get the guys in suits and badges out there? Second question is why weren’t the party animals cleared out of the lounge before your event?

and that is the biggest question that many of us from that particular cruise still have ...

Both DH & myself noted everything (more than just smoking) in our post-cruise Celebrity survey.

It's comforting to read that most people would report the infractions.

On our last cruise this became an issue with the person on the balcony next to ours. We could only use it very early in the morning when he was still asleep. We went to guest relations and the first time they said they would look into it. The next day he continued to smoke and my DH went again and the girl at guest relations was so rude to him.

DH couldn't sit out on the balcony at all after 9am because the smoke was to much for his lung, he was in a fire and has damaged lungs.

We have contacted Celebrity since we have been home and they have not even relied to our email.

I don’t mind a family cruise atmosphere, if by family you mean parents and grandparents traveling with children, of varying ages, who are reasonably well behaved and well supervised. I’ve never liked the assumption that people must be segregated by age or life stage. That said, I do mind a frat party or spring break party atmosphere. If I wanted that, I’d sail a line that markets that experience, and I’d save a fat lot of money!

Unfortunately, those on this ship were neither well behaved nor well supervised

Suffice to say that this was not a typical Celebrity Modern Luxury experience. No matter, the discussion is in regards to smoking in non designated areas, of which there were many instances on our trip.

I did ask the security staff to stop guests smoking outside of the designated area on more than one occasion, and they were happy to assist.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately, those on this ship were neither well behaved nor well supervised

Suffice to say that this was not a typical Celebrity Modern Luxury experience. No matter, the discussion is in regards to smoking in non designated areas, of which there were many instances on our trip.

I did ask the security staff to stop guests smoking outside of the designated area on more than one occasion, and they were happy to assist.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, that’s nice to know because others haven’t always found the crew responsive on this issue. Regardless, I’ll continue to report it if I see it.

Part of my regular packing list includes a small survival whistle that I carry on hikes.

I have used it several times when I can smell a smoker on a balcony. I grab my whistle, give it a blast, and yell out "No Smoking on the balcony":o

So far, it's worked better than trying to get an uninterested staff afraid of confrontatons involved.;)

Seriously?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

On our last cruise this became an issue with the person on the balcony next to ours. We could only use it very early in the morning when he was still asleep. We went to guest relations and the first time they said they would look into it. The next day he continued to smoke and my DH went again and the girl at guest relations was so rude to him.

DH couldn't sit out on the balcony at all after 9am because the smoke was to much for his lung, he was in a fire and has damaged lungs.

We have contacted Celebrity since we have been home and they have not even relied to our email.

We have experienced guest relations not taking it seriously. Now, we ask the room attendant for his supervisor or ask to be transferred to security.

Had a great interaction with the housekeeping supervisor a couple of years ago on Silhouette over New Years. He happened to be walking past and we caught him. Our issue was a noise rattle in the ceiling. We also had a neighbor smoking. The housekeeping supervisor got security and they searched the room for smoking signs. It stopped!

They also did what they could for the noise after I played the recording on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk