Been denied tender due to wind/waves / Disabled...

scottyg

Question about the Carnival Vista. Have you been denied Grand Cayman tender due to wind & waves? I am disabled and transport myself in a scooter. I know there's a ramp (wheelchairs), but I'd like to ask for your comments.

Thanks people!

Scott

they have a new tender spot at spotts bay.south part of island.if it's rough out there no tenders going to leave the ship.safety for everyone.if the waves are over 6 ft. the tender is going up or down by that much.you don't want to fall in the ocean between the ship and tender.bad news story

Question about the Carnival Vista. Have you been denied Grand Cayman tender due to wind & waves? I am disabled and transport myself in a scooter. I know there's a ramp (wheelchairs), but I'd like to ask for your comments.

Thanks people!

Scott

Please clarify....I am reading that you transport yourself in a scooter and there is a ramp.....are you saying the ramp goes from the ship onto the tender?

If you read the detailed itinerary on your cruise, it should tell you that there are limitations on mobility issues using tenders. You must be able to enter the tender on your own, with some assistance by the crew. You will not be able to board the tender on your scooter. And with that being said, exiting from the tender ashore may not offer you the ability to exit the tender at the dock due to height levels and "rocking" of the tender. You should rethink any tender port if you cannot independently enter the tenders on your own

Per Carnivals website....nothing pertaining to scooters

Depending on the ship, tendering begins on either Deck 0 or another designated deck. Guests who have purchased a shore excursion will meet in a designated lounge until their excursion is called. Guests who do not purchase an excursion will proceed using a numbering system. Once guests reach the gangway to board, they will be required to take steps down to the tender boat and when the tender boat reaches the pier, guests may be required to take steps up onto the dock.

Certain of these tenders may not be accessible to individuals using wheelchairs and mobility scooters, or the status of the tendering process at a particular port under certain weather, sea, swell, current and/or tide conditions may prove difficult for a safe transfer to take place. In each case, it will be the decision of the ship officials to determine, based on their evaluation of safety issues for our guests and crew, whether or not a guest using a wheelchair may board a tender. Accessible tender boats are available in the following ports: Catalina Island, Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays. Every effort is made to secure accessible tender boats in all other ports, subject to availability.