Eastern Caribbean Feb 10-17

Smyles

Hello,

I am struggling trying to figure out expected weather for our upcoming cruise. We'll be on Harmony Feb 10-17, leaving Fort Lauderdale and stopping in Charlotte Amalie, San Juan and Labadee. We will have our young daughter with us so we plan to stay on ship for port days. Last time we sailed in October on a Western Itinerary and we swam (nearly alone) while everyone was off ship and it was warm. Will this still be the case in February?

We are in Canada where it is just plain cold so I am having trouble trying to wrap my head around it being sunny and warm...but potentially not THAT warm.

Hello,

I am struggling trying to figure out expected weather for our upcoming cruise. We'll be on Harmony Feb 10-17, leaving Fort Lauderdale and stopping in Charlotte Amalie, San Juan and Labadee. We will have our young daughter with us so we plan to stay on ship for port days. Last time we sailed in October on a Western Itinerary and we swam (nearly alone) while everyone was off ship and it was warm. Will this still be the case in February?

We are in Canada where it is just plain cold so I am having trouble trying to wrap my head around it being sunny and warm...but potentially not THAT warm.

Temps likely around 80F in the Caribbean.

We just got back from the NYE Eastern on the Oasis. We went to St. Maarten instead of St. Thomas. In St. Maarten and San Juan it was in the low 80s. Labadee seemed to be in the high 70s but it rained most of the day and wasn’t sunny. It gets dark early - 5:30 or 6 so it cools off. I wore pants or capris in the evening and shorts or capris during the day. On sea days it was in the 70s but still cool if you weren’t in the sun. Just layer and bring some pants as evening options.

People from warm weather countries (or just cold natured) had on winter / Northface type jackets inside at times.

Orlando has dropped to 39 degrees while we were gone so you have to be prepared for cold and hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no struggle to figure out weather in the Caribbean, it's always summer :p Pick one (St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Haiti) and google their annual average temperatures by month. All likely vary from the low to high 80's year round.

True...and in my mind it is going to be summer. But I am checking as a few posts very recently noted some cold and rainy cruises in those areas...so I wanted to see what some experiences cruises had to add to help me in packing!

It will be warmer than here so no complaints, but I still feel like I am going to pack wrong!

True...and in my mind it is going to be summer. But I am checking as a few posts very recently noted some cold and rainy cruises in those areas...so I wanted to see what some experiences cruises had to add to help me in packing!

It will be warmer than here so no complaints, but I still feel like I am going to pack wrong!

Cold and rainy in Florida or Bahamas maybe (beginning or end of cruise).

NOT likely in San Juan, St Thomas or Labadee. Almost never.