Royal Caribbean Brand Health / Travel Insurance

fire5555

Also no need to take it out until final payment to get 75% cancel for any reason. Other companies you need to take it out within a short period of initial booking.

Best to decide what the most likely reason you would cancel a cruise and find a policy that covers it. For example, we cruised with my military son and I was able to find a policy that would allow us to cancel if his leave was cancelled.

Also no need to take it out until final payment to get 75% cancel for any reason. Other companies you need to take it out within a short period of initial booking.

Best to decide what the most likely reason you would cancel a cruise and find a policy that covers it. For example, we cruised with my military son and I was able to find a policy that would allow us to cancel if his leave was cancelled.

True, except you are not covered until you pay. The pay date may affect coverage for pre-existing conditions.

True, except you are not covered until you pay. The pay date may affect coverage for pre-existing conditions.

1. Pre existing conditions are covered @ final payment on Generali plans (used to be CSA), too. Its the most liberal I have seen.

Royal Insurance CONS:

1. Interesting that is not priced based on age, because I have always found Royal's insurance more expensive.

2. Wont cover any travel not booked via Royal--air , pre/post hotels, excursions, etc.

3. Interruption coverage does not include broad definition of non travelers. My Mother passed away and we left mid cruise and GENERALI covered it. She was not traveling with us. Generali covers just about every type of relative.

4. Conflict of interest, Royal is insuring if you have an issue on their cruise. (Would you get car insurance from Ford)

4. Conflict of interest, Royal is insuring if you have an issue on their cruise. (Would you get car insurance from Ford)

I agree with your other points, but Royal is not covering you. Their policies are still provided by a third party insurance company.

Edit: I'm not saying that it is good 3rd party insurance. It is apparently underwritten by Arch Insurance Company ( which I have never heard of) Here is a link to the protection plan: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=cruise_insurance

Edited by Coralc

While offhand I do not recall the insurer name, we had to file a medical claim with the RC Cruise Care insurance last year. We had to first file with our primary insurer and after we got the denial notice could file with RC Cruise Care. It took about a month to get the denial notice and about 3 weeks to get reimbursed.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app