Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach or another suggestion?

bling19572010

Hi....my family of 3 will be on the Allure the end of Feb. 2018 and would like comments/suggestions for a beach day. We would like a beautiful, quiet, clean beach with great food, reserved lounge chairs, umbrella, snorkeling, paddle boarding and a short taxi ride to get to the beach club....which beach would you suggest? Nachi Cocom, Paradise Beach or another beach club? Our ages are 60, 52 and 32. Thank you!

Others probably know more about this than me, but my understanding is that the places with "white sandy beaches" don't generally have such good snorkeling -- it's mainly just sand to look at under the water. We have been to Chankanaab, which has a sandy beach area with loungers, umbrellas, food etc., but you have to climb down rocks to get to the snorkeling reef. The sand beach does not extend down to the water. This is the case at Passion Island, where we have been twice. We are going to Nachi Cocom in a couple of weeks, but I'm not expecting good reef snorkeling.

Nachi is quiet and relaxing, with good food and service and you'll have your own loungers/shade, but as mentioned above snorkeling from the shore is poor at best and the all-inclusive admission is about $55 each, plus about $16-17 each way in a taxi (10-15 min). Don't think they offer paddle boards? :confused:

Paradise Beach is much larger, only a $3 admission, and then you can choose your own lounger. Great facilities, nice beach and a HUGE pool. Water toys are an extra fee and the food/drinks are pay as you go. Taxi fare should be the same as for Nachi - about $16-17 each way.

For good snorkeling from the shore - but no beach - check out the Money Bar. Good facilities, no admission fee (it is polite to purchase some drinks & food), rental snorkel gear and guides if needed, lots of lounge chairs and tables with a view of the water, and a taxi will only be about $10-11 each way.

Good luck with your planning! :)

• 3 months later...

Was going to start a new thread but saw this one, which is the question I had. DH and I are in our early 60's looking for a day on the beach while in Cozumel. We did Nachi two years ago and liked it. We don't snorkel or do anything besides lay on the beach. On and drink and eat of course. Seems like with a few drinks and appetizer and lunch, we'd spend the same at Paradise as we would with the AI package. I like booking in advance, but Paradise looks maybe a little nicer? What would you recommend?

PB will be more crowded and busy, but also offers better facilities and a HUGE pool, with only a $3 per person admission fee and pay as you go for food/drinks.

Nachi will be uncrowded, quiet and relaxing, AI food & drinks for about $55 each. For a long, relaxing day at the beach that's where we head - when my daughters cruise with us we usually end up at PB or Sanchos.

Taxi fare will be about the same to either. Your call. ;)