Oasis 7 days or Indy 10 days for holiday cruise with kids??

Looking into 2 options for next holiday season for my wife and 2 sons (will be ages 1 and 4):

7-nights on Oasis

10-nights on Independence (B2B 5 days)

Was on Indy for 9 days this Christmas and loved it, and moving forward, are worried that 7 days may feel too short. However, we have never done B2Bs before, and are a bit unsure about logistically how it will work (note- I have the same rooms on hold for both sailings as of now, so don't have to worry about moving our stuff), and will the entertainment all be the same, Adventure Ocean programs, menus all just repeat?? This is part of the reason for my previous post concerning crowding on Indy after dry-dock.

There's appeal to trying a new ship (we have never been on Oasis-class)...but wish we could have a few more than 7 days. Also, know the Adventure Ocean area is bigger and may be nice for the kids, even though they won't appreciate other things like the zipline etc. Also thinking that this more traditional 7 day itinerary may attract more kids/families, making services like the nursery/babysitting harder to obtain.

Itinerary is least important to us- we love having a 'private' boat on port days :-)

Any feedback, thoughts would be much appreciated...Thanks!

We are doing the 9 night on the navigator from Miami. It leaves on 12/21. We will have our kids 14 and 10. Maybe that’s a compromise.

Great idea...concerned that there is no H20 zone/Splashaway Bay (that I can see on the deck plans at least). Any chance you know if they do? Thanks!

Great idea...concerned that there is no H20 zone/Splashaway Bay (that I can see on the deck plans at least). Any chance you know if they do? Thanks!

There's always been an H2O zone on Indy.

Thanks...really like the 9 day itinerary, but think thats a huge issue for travelling with 2 toddlers :(

It would be for me too. I’d probably do the back to back to get the extra days. This is our first longer then 7 day cruise. Very excited.

2 5 day B2B's is too much repetition and turnaround day kind of a waste. I'd go Oasis-class in this case.

Thanks for the comment. A bit concerned about the repetition too- thought there might be less accounting for B2B when there are varying itineraries...I feel like turnaround day could be nice though? then you will really have the ship to yourself!

Thanks for the comment. A bit concerned about the repetition too- thought there might be less accounting for B2B when there are varying itineraries...I feel like turnaround day could be nice though? then you will really have the ship to yourself!

Unfortunately, that time period when you have the ship to yourself is quite short anymore, usually less than an hour.

I would do Oasis for a few reasons. 1. Carousel. My 3 year old rode the carousel a million times on Allure and never got sick of it. 2. B2B means 2 muster drills that are may interfere with nap time. I have 2 toddlers too and naptime is king at our house. Putting 20% of the afternoon naps at risk is too risky for us, ha. 3. The DreamWorks shows in the Aquatheatre are so much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll be forced to disembark and then line up again to get back on. Many of the ship services aren't back running yet since it is day one for other guests. Then you have to go through muster again.

I would do Oasis for a few reasons. 1. Carousel. My 3 year old rode the carousel a million times on Allure and never got sick of it. 2. B2B means 2 muster drills that are may interfere with nap time. I have 2 toddlers too and naptime is king at our house. Putting 20% of the afternoon naps at risk is too risky for us, ha. 3. The DreamWorks shows in the Aquatheatre are so much fun.

Great points to consider...thanks!

One thing to consider is that Independence is going in for dry dock soon and curious to see what kid friendly features they add.

If they add a Splashaway Bay, then some of the slides have a minimum height of 42 inches and the bigger ones were 48 inches. But they had a good sized area for kids with swim diapers. This was on Harmony do not sure if they will do the exact same on Independence or not.

There is some stuff out on the internet for the exact features they are adding. Might be worth checking before deciding.