Royal Caribbean "let us pick room" discount question

RC website shows significant discount if they pick the room for you. As departure time approaches the "you select chart" shows available rooms. Sometimes there are only 5 or 6 rooms in a selected category. ( Acceptable to me sometimes). If I go back to "let us select room", will the room RC selects be one of the 5 or 6 shown on the "you select" chart???

If so, then it sometimes becomes a no brainer to let them select and save . Example. 1500 for "you select" and 900 if "they select"

Thanks

RC website shows significant discount if they pick the room for you. As departure time approaches the "you select chart" shows available rooms. Sometimes there are only 5 or 6 rooms in a selected category. ( Acceptable to me sometimes). If I go back to "let us select room", will the room RC selects be one of the 5 or 6 shown on the "you select" chart???

If so, then it sometimes becomes a no brainer to let them select and save . Example. 1500 for "you select" and 900 if "they select"

Thanks

The website only shows a sampling of the available cabins. You need to check other sites such as the UK site to show all available cabins.

Nope uk site does not have this, pitty. Sounds good. Is it not just like a catagory guarantee ? When they pick the room. Tho i guess theres always a slim chance u can get upgraded with a catagory guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't assume anything....They (a computer) will select your cabin based on inventory at the time they decide to assign cabins. Even after you're assigned one you can still request a change but keeping in the exact same category.

Thought it might be too good to be true. Thanks all

We have saved loads of money on a quarantee, don’t rule it out too fast.

Google Royal Carribean UK and pretend you are making a booking (not a quarantee), choose the dates and category and all available cabins will come up. You will likely get one of these although they do flux as people cancel or change cabins.

If getting any one of these seems acceptable, book the quarantee (on the US or Canadian site of course)

The cabin will show up in your cruiseplanner at any time before sailing.

When assigned, go back to the UK list of available cabins, pick another cabin in the same category if you wish, call and change to that one.

If you are not picky about exact location, you can save lots of money.

Search on CC for quarantee cabins, lots has been posted!