CNN in Spanish

Headline News

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

Turner Network Television (TNT)

Turner Broadcasting System (TBS)

Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

True TV

One complimentary movie channel however most of the time this channel only showed an advertisement for what was available on Pay Per View for $4.99 per movie

What are everybody’s feelings on the changes Carnival has made about not having prime tv channels, the 15% fee being added to Funshop orders and no more free room service? It will now cost from $2 to $6from the hrs of 10pm to 6am.

That’s three pretty big hits at one time, depending on whether you use any of them. I use all three and it’s a little disappointing to me.

I'm disappointed in these changes, especially with Carnival Corporation posting huge profits. I got a bounce back offer for a free cruise last week and I'm not going to use it.

This was on Carnival Dream last week in my cabin:

CNN

CNN International

CNN in Spanish

Headline News

Boomerang

Cartoon Network

Turner Network Television (TNT)

Turner Broadcasting System (TBS)

Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

True TV

One complimentary movie channel however most of the time this channel only showed an advertisement for what was available on Pay Per View for $4.99 per movie

at least they have some News options, and a few "Real" channels.

What are everybody’s feelings on the changes Carnival has made about not having prime tv channels, the 15% fee being added to Funshop orders and no more free room service? It will now cost from $2 to $6from the hrs of 10pm to 6am.

That’s three pretty big hits at one time, depending on whether you use any of them. I use all three and it’s a little disappointing to me.

There is still plenty of free room service from 0600 until 2200 so I don't know why you claim there is no more free room service.

However, over the last few years, they have raised prices and started to nickel and dime everyone, so now AI vacations are a better deal again.

If you want to be stuck in one place for a week then AI is a great choice (have done several) but if you want to have the 3 or 4 different ports to choose from (go do/see something or stay on ship choices) then cruising still makes a better deal. If I had to make the arrangements and fly from island to island or country to country for one week (not to mention pack and unpack, all the flight fees, hotels and inconvenience of going from place to place) it would not be that cheap and a complete hassle for 7 days.

So you are comparing only a certain portion of a cruise to 100% of a AI as you do not have the additional choices on land. But again, it is your choice to make if the changes bother you that much.

For non-drinkers, AI sucks because no one that I know of offers an alternative non-alcohol included AI fee. I wouldn't mind going to an AI if I didn't have to pay for alcohol that I won't be drinking (which is a large percentage of the fee).

$110 bottle of Goose vodka is NOW $126.00 !!! Because of the new "delivery fee" . For $16 I'd be happy to carry it to my own cabin! All the more reason/justification to smuggle! Flame away!

How many reasons did you need?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How many reasons did you need?

This one was it for me. I've always ordered 2 bottles for my cabin in the past and puked a little each time paying $85 for a bottle I can buy locally for $14 But now with this added "tax" not doing it this cruise.

Edited by ChicoCA

So...it is one. How many cruise lines allow liqueur purchases to be brought back to the cabin? It was a steal before the increase in prices, we stopped ordering when they increased prices by more than 200%. That said, we still cruise......

I thought John said the 8th today on his video.

They charged it on my order on the 10th. How did I miss this was changing? I would have ordered earlier. 15% on drinks but not the water. Still not bad considering someone does have to deliver it and it is in our cabin when we arrive.

Thanks for the links. From the carnival site:

From 10:00pm to 6:00am, our expanded menu (for a fee), ranges from salads and sandwiches to specialty items and includes options such as Greek Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, Portabella and Veggie Bun, Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Sandwich and Roast Turkey Wrap, as well as a selection of desserts including Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies, Doughnut Sandwich and Banana Split. Prices for menu items range from $2 to $6.

Each morning, we offer complimentary Continental Breakfast. On the last morning of the cruise, room service is not available; guests will have the option of enjoying breakfast at the Lido restaurant or in the main dining room.

In addition to food items, beverages from the bar may be ordered through room service including liquor and wine by the bottle, which is limited to two bottles per day and must be consumed in the guest's stateroom.

Any idea what the doughnut sandwich is and if these items are only available during the late hours? I hope delivery times are quick for a banana split - wouldn't want it melted.

How early is Continental Breakfast available? We will have a very early morning at Freeport (7:15) including an excursion and will probably want to be eating by 6.

This one was it for me. I've always ordered 2 bottles for my cabin in the past and puked a little each time paying $85 for a bottle I can buy locally for $14 But now with this added "tax" not doing it this cruise.

Unless they confiscate and throw away your smuggled alcohol. ;p