How to Link Reservations for Dining Room

I have a cruise planned on the Oasis for Apr 22. We booked 2 cabins back in June, one for my parents and one for my family. My grandmother has recently decided to join us and so we booked another cabin for her last week. How do I go about letting someone know that we want to all be seated together in the dining room? I think I remember seeing someone on a board a couple of years ago mention that there was an email address to the ones in charge of the dining room. I would appreciated any help!

I have a cruise planned on the Oasis for Apr 22. We booked 2 cabins back in June, one for my parents and one for my family. My grandmother has recently decided to join us and so we booked another cabin for her last week. How do I go about letting someone know that we want to all be seated together in the dining room? I think I remember seeing someone on a board a couple of years ago mention that there was an email address to the ones in charge of the dining room. I would appreciated any help!

Contact whoever booked the cruises. If they are booked direct with Royal, call RC customer service.

You will need all the booking numbers (reservation numbers...whatever they call it), then call RCI and tell them to "link" those bookings....that's all! And, you will all have to be in the same TYPE of dining...either early or late seating or MTD...

You can link as long as the reservations were made directly through Royal Caribbean. I couldn't link the ones that were booked directly through a travel agent.

In the case of bookings held by different travel agents, each agent must contact Royal and request the linking.

One additional note, if one of the bookings is under a group booking then you will need the individual booking number for the other couple. I tried to link friends of ours and they were under a group booking but we went down together and told let them know there was an additional couple to our MTD reservations

You can link as long as the reservations were made directly through Royal Caribbean. I couldn't link the ones that were booked directly through a travel agent.

if reservation is made by TA they can link it for you

One additional note, if one of the bookings is under a group booking then you will need the individual booking number for the other couple. I tried to link friends of ours and they were under a group booking but we went down together and told let them know there was an additional couple to our MTD reservations

Pre-cruise, group bookings cannot be linked with either non-group bookings or bookings in a different group. Like you say, any dining arrangements must be made on the ship in these cases.

We have found that both parties must call. The first to allow the second reservation number to link. You both must call whoever you booked with; TA or RCI.

Strictly speaking the TA does not do the linking they must call RCI. But RCI cannot be called directly if you booked with a TA. As others have said you both must have the same CONFIRMED dining option. No wait-lists.

It's not as hard as I make it, but you do have to make the calls. You can also request a specific table size!

Enjoy your cruise!

I booked 2 cabins using Air Miles. Each cabin has their own reservation number

A couple of days ago I booked dining. Although the option to add people from another reservation was there it would not work. I had to book one cabin's dining reservations, then log into the other reservation to book that cabin.

Yesterday, I phoned Air Miles to ask them to link both of our reservations to a friend's reservation. They did I can see we are linked. My friend couldn't figure out how to link his dining to ours either.

I phoned RCL and the person I spoke to was able to name all six of us. She said even if we can't see the dining reservations as linked on our end of the cruise planner, it shows the 3 cabins linked and said we will be sitting together for sure.

I don't know how it works but ok, I'm happy.

I booked 2 cabins using Air Miles. Each cabin has their own reservation number

A couple of days ago I booked dining. Although the option to add people from another reservation was there it would not work. I had to book one cabin's dining reservations, then log into the other reservation to book that cabin.

Yesterday, I phoned Air Miles to ask them to link both of our reservations to a friend's reservation. They did I can see we are linked. My friend couldn't figure out how to link his dining to ours either.

I phoned RCL and the person I spoke to was able to name all six of us. She said even if we can't see the dining reservations as linked on our end of the cruise planner, it shows the 3 cabins linked and said we will be sitting together for sure.

I don't know how it works but ok, I'm happy.

Linked reservation numbers will show up online in RCI's cruise planner as XXXX9999 or something like that. But I have no idea how MTD works. Although I have been successful in adding passengers from another reservation to excursions.

• 5 months later...

Bringing this up again to see if anything has changed. When I booked our MTD reservations, it allowed me to select our travel party's additional guests. But on my cruise planner on the calendar, it only lists me and my husband. I logged into my friend's cruise planner, and there are no MTD reservations showing in their calendar, even though added them to our reservation when selecting MTD times. Any update to this? To I have to call RCI to have them linked? We booked through Costco travel.

Bringing this up again to see if anything has changed. When I booked our MTD reservations, it allowed me to select our travel party's additional guests. But on my cruise planner on the calendar, it only lists me and my husband. I logged into my friend's cruise planner, and there are no MTD reservations showing in their calendar, even though added them to our reservation when selecting MTD times. Any update to this? To I have to call RCI to have them linked? We booked through Costco travel.

RC cannot help you with linking bookings if you are booked via a travel agent.

Our bookings are already linked, I just wanted to make sure our MTD reservations for each day are linked, since it just lists my husband and I on the dining reservation times. Called the Costco TA and was put on hold while she called RCI. RCI told her that our other party just had to make MTD reservation times at the same times we chose and we would be together, since our bookings are linked, even though all of our names aren't showing up together on the planner. I booked Sabor one night, and all 4 of our names showed up on the reservation, so I just figured the MTD reservations would be the same.