South America on Emerald Princess March 2018

MudderMom

Does anyone know of groups offering excursions out of Pisco or Lima, Peru to the Nazca Lines? The ship's excursion is over $700. Are there any less expensive?

Are there any others booked on this cruise who would like to meet on one of the sea days to talk about excursions??

I'd appreciate any feedback........Mudder Mom

Does anyone know of groups offering excursions out of Pisco or Lima, Peru to the Nazca Lines? The ship's excursion is over $700. Are there any less expensive?

Are there any others booked on this cruise who would like to meet on one of the sea days to talk about excursions??

I'd appreciate any feedback........Mudder Mom

We used LimaTours which is the same company Princess used for our MachuPicchu Explorer Land Tour. We arrived early into Lima (land portion was before cruise), and did Lima and Nazca Lines. I am going to guess that one of the reasons that the cost is so high is because you may fly there (not sure). From Lima, it is a 4 hour drive in each direction to see the lines....if I had done more research and known that we could fly there, I would have done that as the drive is nothing but desolate desert. The lines are really cool but make sure you take dramamine or some sort of motion sickness thingy if you are viewing them from a plane as my wife and I got quite uneasy after the humnmingbird as the plane dips the wing over each one of the lines twice...one for each side of the plane.if you don't and start to feel weird, just focus on the horizon.

We used LimaTours which is the same company Princess used for our MachuPicchu Explorer Land Tour. We arrived early into Lima (land portion was before cruise), and did Lima and Nazca Lines. I am going to guess that one of the reasons that the cost is so high is because you may fly there (not sure). From Lima, it is a 4 hour drive in each direction to see the lines....if I had done more research and known that we could fly there, I would have done that as the drive is nothing but desolate desert. The lines are really cool but make sure you take dramamine or some sort of motion sickness thingy if you are viewing them from a plane as my wife and I got quite uneasy after the humnmingbird as the plane dips the wing over each one of the lines twice...one for each side of the plane.if you don't and start to feel weird, just focus on the horizon.

Thank you for your information. Alice