New Night Room Service Fee

sunonfire

Carnival Cruise Ambassador John Heald posted:

From 10pm to 6am we will no longer offer complimentary room service. An expanded offering of fee-based food items will be available ranging from salads and sandwiches to specialty items and include new options such as Greek Salad; Chicken Caesar Salad; Portabella & Veggie Bun; Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Sandwich; and Roast Turkey Wrap; as well as a selection of new desserts including Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies; Doughnut Sandwich; and Banana Split. Prices for menu items will range from $2 to $6.

Also, on debarkation morning, we will no longer offer room service. You will continue to have the option of enjoying breakfast at the Lido deck restaurant, at Ocean Plaza (on those ships that have one) and in the dining room.

Disregard my post I miss read the first line....I was just having my morning coffee so eyes & brain weren’t working yet.

Edited by Midwestgal
misread post

Royal now charges $7.95 plus 18% gratuity for all room service except continental breakfast.

Yes but it’s still not per item it’s a service/ delivery charge. Carnivals room service charge is per item menu.

Didn’t realize that Royal now charges for all room service now.

People could order the cold sandwiches right before 10:00 and keep them covered to eat later

But, then everyone will be ordering at 9:45pm and because it is so busy, it will not arrive until 2AM anyways. :D

I can also see people calling from all over the ship (not from a cabin) and ordering right before 10pm. They will ask for it to be left in the cabin. Royal has a great takeout selection of cold items which can be brought back to the cabin. I wish Carnival had something similar.

I wonder what will the next Carnival cutback will be? Bring your own utensils and paper plates? So much for JH always complaining about hotels and room service. Which by the way don't restrict alcohol, water or other items brought into the room.

I wonder what will the next Carnival cutback will be? Bring your own utensils and paper plates? So much for JH always complaining about hotels and room service.

Oh come on. That stuff takes up a negligible amount of space in one's luggage!

Line is too long and the pizza is gross.

Have you tried Royal's? Now that stuff must be the worst pizza at sea. I've never seen many people in line on the two Royal cruises I've done. That frozen stuff Celeste is better.

I think Carnival pizza is the best at sea but yes the line is often very long. I don't think they want any quicker service, it saves cost that way. The line has been an issue for years and they never seem do anything about it.

It really blows my mind how something so little can cause so much discussion. So what if Carnival decides to add a fee to room service? What company on this planet hasn't added costs to their products over the years? It's the sign of the times. Yes, Carnival wants to make as much money as the next guy, including me! I still wish gasoline was 20-cents a gallon, but that's never going to happen again. Supply and demand is what the world is all about these days. I guess we'll just have to accept it on Carnival ships from on (or just stay home).

I like milk and cookies with my late night (10pm or later) meds, but it's hard to keep the milk cold in a cabin without a refrigerator (imagination and inspiration) so Its either lido or room service, or finding it at lunch and trying to find a way to keep it cold during the day.

Apparently, cookies aren't on the after 10 menu, so I'll have to bring a baggie and smuggle them out of the lido deck.

Thanks carnival, for making life difficult for the disabled

A few bucks at night isn't going to break me so it really doesn't bother me. Carnival is a business and their goal is to make a profit. RS is still free from 6am to 10pm.

Did you see the menu that has been posted on some other threads? It's not just a few bucks. Sandwiches are $5, drinks are $2, hot items were 5/6, desserts were like 2. So if 2 people want 2 sandwiches and 2 drinks (juice, tea, hot chocolate, milk) it's going to be $14 plus tip. Add in 2 more if you want a dessert to share. This is what we used to do after coming back after a show/comedy club. Ordering before 10 is not going to work very often we are normally going non stop from dinner until 1am most nights with though that are scheduled back to back.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Have you tried Royal's? Now that stuff must be the worst pizza at sea. I've never seen many people in line on the two Royal cruises I've done. That frozen stuff Celeste is better.

I think Carnival pizza is the best at sea but yes the line is often very long. I don't think they want any quicker service, it saves cost that way. The line has been an issue for years and they never seem do anything about it.

RCI Pizza is terrible, Carnival cruisers are much better off with their pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like milk and cookies with my late night (10pm or later) meds, but it's hard to keep the milk cold in a cabin without a refrigerator (imagination and inspiration) so Its either lido or room service, or finding it at lunch and trying to find a way to keep it cold during the day.

Apparently, cookies aren't on the after 10 menu, so I'll have to bring a baggie and smuggle them out of the lido deck.

Thanks carnival, for making life difficult for the disabled

Don’t go there , it affects everyone. Some more than others. They are certainly not singling out disabled.

Did you see the menu that has been posted on some other threads? It's not just a few bucks. Sandwiches are $5, drinks are $2, hot items were 5/6, desserts were like 2. So if 2 people want 2 sandwiches and 2 drinks (juice, tea, hot chocolate, milk) it's going to be $14 plus tip. Add in 2 more if you want a dessert to share. This is what we used to do after coming back after a show/comedy club. Ordering before 10 is not going to work very often we are normally going non stop from dinner until 1am most nights with though that are scheduled back to back.

It is just a few dollars per item. Other than hot(well, warm) sandwiches, there have never been anything hot for free with room service.

With having the knowledge that there is a cost for room service, one will just have to plan accordingly.

I love room service and use it almost every day of my cruises. I’m not upset about the late night charges, but I really wish the fees ended at 5 am instead of 6. I’m an early riser, and there are NO breakfast options available before 7:30 or so (other than the continental, which doesn’t really do it for active people). I’ll probably suck it up and pay for my BLTs, but I will grumble a little bit in the process.

It really blows my mind how something so little can cause so much discussion. So what if Carnival decides to add a fee to room service? What company on this planet hasn't added costs to their products over the years? It's the sign of the times. Yes, Carnival wants to make as much money as the next guy, including me! I still wish gasoline was 20-cents a gallon, but that's never going to happen again. Supply and demand is what the world is all about these days. I guess we'll just have to accept it on Carnival ships from on (or just stay home).

Raise the price as necessary for the same product instead of diluting the existing product with slow price changes.

It is just a few dollars per item. Other than hot(well, warm) sandwiches, there have never been anything hot for free with room service.

With having the knowledge that there is a cost for room service, one will just have to plan accordingly.

That's my issue with it, they don't even have any of the cold sandwich options after 10pm now, if it was say $2 for one of those that's not bad. Now it's $5 for any sandwich, which don't sound nearly as good as the BLT and I know a lot of people like the BLT. It was described as having a new expanded menu for a $2-6 per item charge, not a completely different menu with very few items being $2, just drinks, fries (which was always a charge), and some dessert items.

I love room service and use it almost every day of my cruises. I’m not upset about the late night charges, but I really wish the fees ended at 5 am instead of 6. I’m an early riser, and there are NO breakfast options available before 7:30 or so (other than the continental, which doesn’t really do it for active people). I’ll probably suck it up and pay for my BLTs, but I will grumble a little bit in the process.

No BLTs during the 10pm-6am time... It sounded like they were going to allow the continental breakfast to still be free starting at 5am but I haven't seen official confirmation of that yet.

I simply do not understand... in 24 cruises with 4 different lines and we have ordered room service possibly 4 times. 2-3 times for a quick breakfast and once for my daughter. With all the free options and availability, this will not impact us in any way. Get up, get some food and take it to your room... not that difficult.

I can also see people calling from all over the ship (not from a cabin) and ordering right before 10pm. They will ask for it to be left in the cabin. Royal has a great takeout selection of cold items which can be brought back to the cabin. I wish Carnival had something similar.

I wonder what will the next Carnival cutback will be? Bring your own utensils and paper plates? So much for JH always complaining about hotels and room service. Which by the way don't restrict alcohol, water or other items brought into the room.

LOL, led by who did it first? AMAZING