Contact info for online checkin doesn't "stick" and keeps switching among passengers

jazzydiver

I'm in a cabin with two friends. Two of us have completed the on-line check in and one friend has partly filled out her info. We each have separate addresses. I have looked at the check in info several times, and our contact info keeps getting all switched around - if I correct mine, then passengers #1 & #2 automatically get updated to my address. If I correct one of the others, then all three of our addresses get switched to that one. Anyone else have this happen? I guess it isn't crucial...but it's annoying. ;p

I think this happened to me as well. Did the check-in for my daughter and myself. They sent me an email and I noticed I had my daughter's address for my listing. Today cruise consultant called me, but she called my daughter's phone. I'll go in again to see if it is still incorrect. I had thought it was just me being inattentive when I filled it out.

Yes...this is an issue with the NCL site. We just put our friend under our address, but we don't have issues with phone numbers.

I think you can call NCL and get this fixed, but we've never bothered. We just make sure that the address for everyone is ours, since we are the #1 and #2 on the reservation.

Same happened to us in 2009 and ever since it’s been mixed up [emoji23]

Cruised with my parents - I made the reservation and ever since NCL refuses to believe we live at a different address. Ok their system refuses to believe [emoji23]

If I change their address to be correct - mine goes wrong. If I change mine to be correct - theirs is wrong.

I have given up after 8 years. If NCL computers want to believe my parents live with us so be it [emoji1] Some confusion happens sometimes with phone numbers too but luckily we almost always travel together so anyway if they try to reach one of us for a question/information it is most likely relevant to us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very long-standing problem, as the others have said. I don't care if their junk mail doesn't reach me, but the most annoying thing is that when you call the general reservations line about a booking, they ask you to confirm your identity by giving them your address. Sometimes I go through 4 or 5 different addresses before we both finally give up.

Last year for logistical reasons, I was booked in the same cabin with a friend of my mother's. We all switched around on board, and I hardly even saw her during the cruise, but NCL currently thinks that I live at her house in real life. :D

i took my mother on an NCL cruise in 2009. Same problem. She passed away in 2012. I got a call from NCL in 2013 asking for my mother by name. I was not happy. Then I took my father on a cruise in 2013 and the next year he got the upgrade call from Ncl for my husband and my next cruise.

I'm in a cabin with two friends. Two of us have completed the on-line check in and one friend has partly filled out her info. We each have separate addresses. I have looked at the check in info several times, and our contact info keeps getting all switched around - if I correct mine, then passengers #1 & #2 automatically get updated to my address. If I correct one of the others, then all three of our addresses get switched to that one. Anyone else have this happen? I guess it isn't crucial...but it's annoying. ;p

I had this issue yesterday, I called technical support and they had do something on the backend. Had it fixed in 10 minutes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

My sister and I are in the same cabin and we live in two different cities. We have the same issue as others have stated. When I called NCL, I was told it doesn't matter, that's just the way it is. So in other words, it will stay the way it is and they basically don't care to change it.

I did notice, though, that our emergency contact information stays correct no matter how many times I changed the other information. In my mind, thats more important, so I'm not going to worry about it any more.

OK, thanks for replies, everyone. I think I'll try calling NCL to fix it, since this issue affects some people's mail from NCL later on. My other friends also going on this cruise in a separate cabin did NOT have the mystery address-switching issue - I guess NCL has computer gremlins that mess things up randomly.

OK, thanks for replies, everyone. I think I'll try calling NCL to fix it, since this issue affects some people's mail from NCL later on. My other friends also going on this cruise in a separate cabin did NOT have the mystery address-switching issue - I guess NCL has computer gremlins that mess things up randomly.

Definitely try it, but don't count on it "sticking" either. Our bookings were all royally messed up this past December. I called NCL and they fixed it all for that booking. I made a new reservation upon our return, for our next trip, using the same information located in my account (as it had saved all the previous guests). Low and behold...the confirmation email came...in my 12 year old son's name. :') I told him he's on the hook for the bill!