Pearl Walk-Off disemarkation at Seattle Question

SuperCrewBear

I will be on a Pearl Alaskan cruise this coming May that starts and ends at Seattle. I took a similar Pearl cruise in '16 but I really don't remember much about leaving the ship at Seattle - I was only going to a local hotel so time wasn't a factor. This coming cruise I have to get right to the airport. Originally our flight home was leaving at 12:30 PM. Recently the flight departure was changed to 11:45 AM - otherwise we'd have to wait until about 7:00 PM for the next flight... (we will have to drive about 3 hours home from the airport plus work on Monday...leaving at 7PM Seattle would get us home about 3-4AM...) I think it would be best for us to do a walk-off departure as early as possible instead of waiting for our color group to be called. I'm not in the Haven so I'm wondering at what approximate time they will let us start walking off. We should be docked by 7:00 AM. I fully understand times can vary but does anyone have a recent experience they can share the info with me, please? I'm wanting to pre-arrange ground transportation so there will be someone waiting on us. Thanks!

I've done walk off and simply, just keep going and take the light rail to the airport. :) Getting on at Westlake. There is an elevator up to Leonora, I then walk down to Pike (Pine is too steep), then back up to Pine, any cross street. At the MacDonalds, entry is on that block. Goes right to the airport.

I'm up early and ready to go, at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time. Depends on you, how quickly and organized you are. :)

I've done walk off and simply, just keep going and take the light rail to the airport. :) Getting on at Westlake. There is an elevator up to Leonora, I then walk down to Pike (Pine is too steep), then back up to Pine, any cross street. At the MacDonalds, entry is on that block. Goes right to the airport.

I'm up early and ready to go, at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time. Depends on you, how quickly and organized you are. :)

Do you remember approximately what time you were off the ship and on the sidewalk? I can't deduce this from the supplied info. :confused:

I have done this several times. All my experiences were close to the posted time. It's been different over the years. I've never had any delays in Seattle- but that means little since they sail every week multiple lines. It takes me, about 1.5 hours to get the airport, from stepping off the ship. I've always used the Lightrail. when going to the airport. Have other trips with picking up a car,, and those not leaving the same day. However, I'm usually wanting off the ship early. Rare I poke along.

Your schedule is very doable. Seattle is very well managed port. Walk off would be the way to go.

The ship usually gets into Seattle very early. Victoria not that far from Seattle. Ship usually hangs out in bay before docking. Have been awake around 5am to watch docking. We have done this cruise 6 times.

Airport not too far from pier 66. There is Crowding around port from transportation waiting for customers.. Depending on size of party and luggage, i would use Uber or similar . We have used car service and the pricing in very close to taxi. Arrange pick-Up area with them. We usually walk back toward Edgewater Hotel for our pick up. (Traffic controls do not like vehicle to stop at curb in front of port.)

At airport, Alaska Airlines is the busiest terminal. Other departure areas are less crowded.

Will the Pearl still sail on Sundays? If So , traffic will be minimal to airport.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Seattle :D

Your schedule is very doable. Seattle is very well managed port. Walk off would be the way to go.

The ship usually gets into Seattle very early. Victoria not that far from Seattle. Ship usually hangs out in bay before docking. Have been awake around 5am to watch docking. We have done this cruise 6 times.

Airport not too far from pier 66. There is Crowding around port from transportation waiting for customers.. Depending on size of party and luggage, i would use Uber or similar . We have used car service and the pricing in very close to taxi. Arrange pick-Up area with them. We usually walk back toward Edgewater Hotel for our pick up. (Traffic controls do not like vehicle to stop at curb in front of port.)

At airport, Alaska Airlines is the busiest terminal. Other departure areas are less crowded.

Will the Pearl still sail on Sundays? If So , traffic will be minimal to airport.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Seattle :D

Thanks for the info! Our cruise does leave and return on Sunday. I've already contacted the folks who will be picking us up at the airport for a return trip. I told them my dilemma on the timing. I booked it for our anticipated time at the curb but will have the driver's cellphone number - if we are running late I can tell him or if we are early I can advise him of that too. I'm sure this isn't their first time for this situation. :) I was told to not worry. I do like the idea of having them pick us up near the Edgewater so we are away from the congestion. We are all set! Thanks again!

We did walk off disembarkation from the Pearl in Seattle in 2016. We were off the ship by 8:40 am, the car service picked us up at 9:00 am, and we were at the airport way before 10 am. Your schedule is very doable.

Thank you! I'm all set! Thanks for your helpful time info!

To add to Budget Queen the map is:-

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pier+66,+Alaskan+Way,+Seattle,+WA,+USA/Seattle-Tacoma+International+Airport+(SEA),+17801+International+Blvd,+Seattle,+WA+98158,+USA/@47.6101705,-122.3486416,16z/am=t/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x54906ab278d32541:0x74fe077aad01ffee!2m2!1d-122.3482276!2d47.610855!1m5!1m1!1s0x5490435542eafefd:0x99d3d9c4c7dc37b7!2m2!1d-122.3088165!2d47.4502499!3e3

To add to Budget Queen the map is:-

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pier+66,+Alaskan+Way,+Seattle,+WA,+USA/Seattle-Tacoma+International+Airport+(SEA),+17801+International+Blvd,+Seattle,+WA+98158,+USA/@47.6101705,-122.3486416,16z/am=t/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x54906ab278d32541:0x74fe077aad01ffee!2m2!1d-122.3482276!2d47.610855!1m5!1m1!1s0x5490435542eafefd:0x99d3d9c4c7dc37b7!2m2!1d-122.3088165!2d47.4502499!3e3

I mentioned a deviation that I do. since the map has you going the shortest route. BUT, it is straight uphill. I walk down to Pike and usually backtrack, on 3rd, stopping at the Walgreens, for a drink. :)

I thought that if the questioner didn't know their way round Seattle the map would help and they could use the map to see where your deviation fitted in.

I've been to Seattle (the most aggressive panhandlers I've ever seen...), I just wanted to know what time people were realistically getting off the ship. I do appreciate your help though. I'd rather have a car hire than walk and carrying luggage then have to get on the light rail...too much trouble for me for a vacation. Plus there will be two others traveling with me. The car hire is one of those things I just don't mind spending money on to make it simple. In the grand scheme of things it's not that expensive. :D